Why become a member? ×

Changing voltage Markbass Jeff Berlin (110v to 220v)

Studio GC

Howdy Folks,
Just moved to the London area from the States and have a Markbass Jeff Berlin wired to U.S. specs (110v). So what I would like to do is change it over to 220volts. I've done a fair bit of research and seen some examples of successful Markbass voltage conversion, but not specifically for the Jeff Berlin series.

I presume there's a jumper to change as well as a fuse?

I'm pretty competent with wiring and soldering so not too daunted to take this on, but obviously don't want to fry my amp!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[attachment=232513:IMG_0379.jpg]

There is nothing special about the JB Combo, it is just a Little Mark III head, so anything that applies to the head also applies to this combo.
That said MarkBass are pretty adament that their gear has a power supply particular to the country it was sold in. In your case US 110V.
Now the warning is out of the way there is another recent posting on here about the same subject and it appears there are jumpers inside the amp that can be changed to alter voltage.
Depends if you want to risk it.
Other solution, contact Real Electronics in Sheffield. They are the official MB repairers and they should e able to advise.

And here it is. Same amp as yours.
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/293794-markbass-cmd121p-change-voltage-from-europe-to-uk/page__p__3165988__hl__voltage__fromsearch__1#entry3165988

I woudn't risk it without confirmation that it is the right thing to do. A step-down transformer would be my choice .

• 2 months later...