Why become a member? ×

AV ( Vychodil ) AVPJ5 *SOLD*
£1200

Squib

Having to let go of my beautiful Ales Vychodil AVPJ 5 string . Mainly playing my AV J4 now and 5's not getting much of a look in . Ales Vychodil makes some truly great basses in my opinion and as a player of over thirty years ( old fart ) and having played just about everything in that time . . . I think they're hugely underestimated /under valued ?

Passive 2012 Vintage white ( quite yellowed .) Looks like nitro , but not sure ? Tort guard.
34" scale with Nordstrand pickups and individual stacked volume/tone pots .
Alder body / One piece maple neck / Bound Indian RW board with MOP blocks
Slightly narrower 18mm spacing at bridge , which I think makes for a very comfortable set up ?
Weighs in at around 4.2 kg ( just over 9 lbs )
In great condition , with just one small dink on lower horn ( pictured . )

This thing has a big big sound and for a passive bass , the stacked pots give it amazing versatility .
Wicked bass that is easily up there with the more expensive competition .

£1200 picked up from N.London . Will ship at buyers expense .
No trades on this one . .. sorry .

SOLD !

Edited by Squib

You certainly don't see many AV basses around these parts!

As stated in the op [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ales Vychodil makes some truly great basses and if you are even half considering buying a PJ then this is certainly worth checking out. The output on these basses is 'only' passive (I say only passive) It gives most of my active basses a run for their money. They produce a full and rich tone and yes it is a traditional nitros finish.[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]My AVPB5 is an absolute pleasure to play and is one of my 'go-to' basses. I'm half tempted with this myself but if I go home with any more basses Mrs. Whiz is gonna be after me like something unmentionable.[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]GLWTS.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

Well thanks for the kind words Mr Whiz . I have a passive AVj4 that is just killer ! Had it a few years now and nothing else I've played comes close to it . Not sure why they're so good , but whatever he's doing , he's doing it right . They have real mojo .
Now I'm sure that Mrs Whiz won't mind just one more . . . . . ?? :D

Paul Turner has one of these baby's and If had the cash I'd have this one off you pdq. Superb instruments. People forget that there is a huge history of Luthiery in Czech Republic and Ales is making basses well into the league of AC.