Why become a member? ×

Questions about EBS Reidmar.

WeepingRed

Hey guys, so I need a couple of things cleared up about the EBS Reidmar.

1. Does it have a dummy load so I can record with the DI out/use the headphone output without a cab?

2. Would it be loud enough if I wanted to use it in a metal band and be able to get quiet enough for bedroom use?

I plan on getting one around Christmas and I like what I've heard about from here, I'll need to use the headphone output when I get it because I won't be able to afford a cab for a few weeks after purchase and I don't want to use my guitar cab with it incase of damage to either head or cab. I'm sorry if these questions are stupid, I just want to make sure I don't get something I'll regret buying.

Which are thinking of, the 250 or the 750?

I have a 250 which is plenty loud enough through a 4 ohm cab to keep up with 2 Marshall wielding guitarists, although we are more bluesy than metal. I would say you would be fine with a Reidmar, they are a LOT more powerful than the figures suggest.

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1480066559' post='3181357']
The Reidmar is a solid state amp. No solid state amp needs a dummy load. That's just a concern for valve amps.

Can't answer the 2nd question I'm afraid...
[/quote]

Ah, okay. Thank you for your help.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1480067434' post='3181375']
Which are thinking of, the 250 or the 750?

I have a 250 which is plenty loud enough through a 4 ohm cab to keep up with 2 Marshall wielding guitarists, although we are more bluesy than metal. I would say you would be fine with a Reidmar, they are a LOT more powerful than the figures suggest.
[/quote]

I was going for the 250, no way I could use the 750 if the 250 is as loud as I've heard from this forum. Okay, that's good to know, thank you both so much for your help. Have a nice day/night.

Edited by WeepingRed