Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] 2015 Fender FSR Classic 60s Lacquer Precision - Olympic White
£700

therealting

2015 Fender FSR Classic 60s Lacquer Precision. Purchased as I wanted to see if the "P" thing was for me, and delivered so spectacularly that I'm going straight to the top and seeking out a nice vintage example. This is a Factory Special Run (Limited Edition) finished in a super-thin lacquer coat that not only lets the bass resonate like crazy (you have to try it), but will also age beautifully like the classic nitro lacquer finishes from the 60s pre-CBS era. Think of it as a relic that you will do yourself and will bear the genuine marks of your own use. Super lightweight alder body (bass weighs just 3.7kg) finished in vintage white, rosewood board, select Fender pickups, passive volume and tone, vintage-style reverse tuners.

Very good condition other than some buckle rash (this lacquer is VERY thin) and hairline polish scratches mainly to the pickguard, only left the house for one very careful gig. I've had it fully set up professionally with a fret level so it plays incredibly well with a medium-low action.

Was £930 new, spent around £100 on the fret level and full setup, so offered (with genuine Fender gigbag in as new condition) at £700 ono. Stunning Japanese workmanship and value. If it doesn't sell, then I'll keep it as a backup to the vintage P I plan to procure.

Lots of high res photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wxx2j83oujlabpp/AAB_yKsXzlbCs4bcorw620lPa?dl=0

I am based in London SE3.

Edit: May be interested in local trades for more battered vintage-type P or Mustang type Fender basses (ideally nitro in vintage white, sunburst, or faded fiesta red a la Pino, with a tort guard) with cash either way for the right deal.

Edited by therealting

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump. May be interested in local trades for more battered vintage-type P or Mustang type Fender basses (ideally nitro in vintage white, sunburst, or faded fiesta red a la Pino, with a tort guard) with cash either way for the right deal.

Edited by therealting

[quote name='lastanthem88' timestamp='1484001096' post='3211930']
Very interested mate, after buying a black one similar. Would you do a trade for a Japanese 87 p bass special (think duff Mckagen!)?

Thanks

Steve
[/quote]

After something more vintage oriented really, but thanks for the offer. Available for cash too of course.

[quote name='floFC' timestamp='1484433599' post='3215505']
How often does it need to be fed, and why doesn't it need a knife?
At least it's not vegetarian :D
[/quote]

I thought you were talking about my cat at first! She's definitely not a vegetarian. 😁

Not sold yet as I don't think the offers have been worthwhile, but have just been busy with work and haven't had the opportunity to get it out to take a photo with a sheet of paper just yet. Will get around to it, but to be honest I'm mulling just keeping it as it's worth more to me than what I've been offered so far (:

Ultralight tuners and a Nordstrand pickup that I have lying around and I reckon it might give my 61 a run for its money for a fraction of the cost... and even less weight.

Edited by therealting

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...