Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision MIJ 1993/1994 62 RI with Case ***SOLD***
£700

attackbass

For sale is my 1993/1994 MIJ Fender Precision in sunburst. I believe this was built in the Fujigen factory.

Alder Body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard. Has a really nice 3-tone sunburst finish with tort pick guard and the chrome ashtray bridge and pickup covers. The neck is very comfortable and not too wide/chunky as you'd expect for a p bass and plays exceptionally well, very smooth and fast. Tonally the bass sounds great, very punchy, clear and defined.

Obviously the bass is 22/23 years old and so there has been some wear to the but considering the age the bass in very good condition. I've tried to show in the photos where there is some minor dents and around the neck pocket the bass has at some point been chipped slightly and touched up.... you can hardly notice it but think it's only right to mention it. The bass is also incredibly light, I'm not sure the exact weight but it's the lightest bass I own.

Bass comes with an SKB hard case - the handle has come off the case, but i do still have the handle and could be re-attached if you wanted to do that.

The bass looks, sounds and plays awesomely. I'm having a clear out as I have too many basses I never play and need the space.... and more importantly also I need to finance a ACG bass!

Bass is in Cardiff. Welcome to try the bass out, as the bass comes with a hard case - shipping at buyers expense should be possible.

[attachment=232761:IMG_1467.JPG][attachment=232762:IMG_1468.JPG][attachment=232763:IMG_1469.JPG][attachment=232764:IMG_1470.JPG][attachment=232765:IMG_1471.JPG][attachment=232766:IMG_1472.JPG][attachment=232767:IMG_1473.JPG][attachment=232768:IMG_1474.JPG][attachment=232769:IMG_1477.JPG][attachment=232770:IMG_1481.JPG][attachment=232771:IMG_1482.JPG][attachment=232772:IMG_1483.JPG]

Edited by attackbass

Just thought I'd add a friendly bump here
These MIJ '62 RI's are lovely looking basses. If I didn't already have my ideal sunburst P bass, I'd be seriously considering this one
But also, I've dealt with Mr attackbass before - he's a good BC'er - so deal in confidence folks :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@dmckee sorry only just saw this. [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The width at the nut is 1.65 inches and at the 12th fret 2.24 inches. Balance is fine, tho I have to admit I have never really had a problem with the balance of any bass [/font][/color]or experience neck dive apart from a gibson thunderbird!

Bass is still available. If you'd like to make an offer or get a delivery estimate please just message me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

No probs, thanks for getting back. It's a lovely bass for sure. Not that I need another one of course.... If I could get this little thing sold I'd be closer...

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-bass-amplifiers/ashdown-b-social-desktop-bass-combo/1210480006 Don't suppose you fancy a part exchange?

• 2 weeks later...