Why become a member? ×

New amp suggestions

ianrendall

Hi all,
In a fit of premature GAS I've just sold my Genz Shuttle 3.0 and now looking for a new amp of similar power and size. Class D micro basically.
I'm on a tight budget of £240 and am considering the MB200 or Blackline 250 amps.
I was running the Genz at 8ohms 175 watts and this provided ample volume for my needs with room to spare. I play exclusively in a big band where clarity of sound is more important than sheer volume. I always have the option at gigs to raise the cab.
I know I was probably daft to shift the Genz but what's done is done.
I do not have the option (funds) to get a 4ohm cab or a second 8ohm can. My current cab is a Barefaced Midget.
Suggestions? :)

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' timestamp='1480336927' post='3183419']
What were your views on the shuttle?

What did it do well?
What did it do badly?

I recognise I'm not helping you answer your question, but I'd like to know.
[/quote]
I liked it generally. Im recently using a USA Jazz and I was finding myself having to fiddle with the eq too much when going between the classic both pickups on full tone and the other classic mostly bridge tone. The parametric mid was useful but the eq options of the Markbass appeal. Likewise the classic GK tone also appeals.

I'm very happy with my GK MB200 for both tone and volume.

I use it with a Barefaced one10 and it's a good match for this cab. This combination gets used for rehearsals and small pub gigs and works well. The light weight and compact size are a huge bonus.

EDIT: I just noticed that you have a Barefaced Midget. The MB200 works well with the Midget/Super Midget and is slightly louder than with the one10

Frank.

Edited by machinehead

I settled on an Ibanez Promethean P500H in the end. I've had a good play through it and I'm very happy. A nice reassuring weight to it, plenty loud enough, a nice 6 band graphic with the addition of high and low dials and a useful vintage/modern dial. Oh and a lovely little carry bag!