Why become a member? ×

Unsatisfied GAS and long lead times

Twigman

Last week I succumbed to a severe case of GAS..

It started with wanting to utilise my i7 laptop as a go anywhere studio - so I reinstalled all my software on it and in the process upgraded to Sonar platinum from X2.
I also purchased a USB audio interface to use with the laptop - the interface in my desktop is a RME PCI card so couldn't be used in the laptop,
GAS unsatisfied I went and bought a small Akai 25 key MPK mini to take with the laptop...

GAS still not satisfied I decided now was the time to order the bass I've always wanted: a Musciman Sterling 4HH....
So I did. I thought my GAS would be quenched at last.
but there's a 6 month wait
6 months!!

I remember waiting 13 weeks for my first Barefaced felt like a long time but 6 months ?!

I really can't spend any more money right now to satisfy my GAS...so what do I do for 6 months?

How do you cope with long waits for gear you've ordered?
What's the longest you've waited between order and delivery?
How do you manage your GAS during these waits?

Edited by Twigman

Get a custom build - you're supporting the small British Bass Luthiery industry and something like ACG generally have build times of less than 16 weeks. If you choose to install the SimS pickup system (£426 for the pair) you get P/J/H options in each p/up and 15 permutations in total.

Alternatively you can have an Enfield with the same system - both will cost you less than the MM.

Here's some info on the system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV8MV9WzHaA

Enjoy the wait - the anticipation is part of the fun - and you've got six months of anticipation you lucky so & so. If it helps, I was playing my Stingray HH this evening at a rehearsal and it sounded immense!

I'm not helping am I?

Edited by mr zed

• 2 months later...