Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** Modulus FB4 (Flea Bass) in Blue Sparkle (2006)
£2000

hiram.k.hackenbacker

For sale within the UK only. No trades.

I hope Chris doesn't mind me using his original post, but it's [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/281646-modulus-flea-bass-blue-sparkle-traded/page__p__3026740__hl__modulus%20flea__fromsearch__1#entry3026740"]this[/url] bass and is for sale for the same price which I paid for it earlier this year.

The bass is in the same condition as it was then and comes with a non-original hard case.

The serial number puts it as a 2006 model from when they were still actually a "Flea Bass" rather than a "Funk Unlimited".

It has an Aguilar OBP-1 pre-amp with bass and treble boost and a Hipshot bridge.

It does exactly what you would expect it to. Rock solid neck, monster pre-amp, huge sound and looks to kill.

It has a couple of tiny blemishes on the rear of the body and neck as Chris mentioned, but these are small, a bugger to photograph and are to my mind insignificant.

I wish I could tell you how much it weighs, but my scales broke earlier this year and the new digital ones won't register anything below 11lbs, so at least we know it's not that heavy!

Located in South Essex. Tea and biscuits gratis. Any trial welcome.

[center][/center]

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

Ah, The Boots. I've had them for many many years and they only come out on special request. They are the original stitched DM's that you used to be able to get before they started churning out all this spray on rubbish. Purchased in the DM shop in Carnaby Street way back when. No, The Boots are not included. Sorry.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1480509138' post='3184916']
Ah, The Boots. I've had them for many many years and they only come out on special request. They are the original stitched DM's that you used to be able to get before they started churning out all this spray on rubbish. Purchased in the DM shop in Carnaby Street way back when. No, The Boots are not included. Sorry.
[/quote]

Awesome pal, the boots and the bass both!

GLWTS :)

[quote name='Tandro' timestamp='1481013978' post='3188887']
Have a 'saw the Chilli Peppers last and wish I could have this' type bump
[/quote]

It was a great gig :) His new Fender sounded great, but I missed the Modulus tone tbh.

Btw, these are incredibly unique basses and well worth scratching the itch. I loved every minute of owning my old one.

Finally, Warren is a top man so deal with 110% confidence.

You've had a tough year gigging. In one band, out of the other, whipping the new lot into shape. They've learnt a lot from you and wouldn't be where they are now without all your hard work. What better reward than to buy yourself a fabulous Modulus bass in a stunning Christmassy sparkly blue. How good would it be to find this sitting under the tree on Christmas morning. Go on. How many of these come up for sale :) .

[center][/center]

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

This is just wrong... wrong wrong wrong! Now I'm actually envisioning waking up Christmas morning like when I was 6 and sprinting to the tree where 'magically' things I asked Santa for would be, and seeing this. I'm gonna have a complex...