Why become a member? ×

Rewiring MM Pickup on my Sandberg

redbandit599

Hi all

First up - my electrical knowledge is limited to fitting plugs and changing batteries.
Fortunately, my drummer is a techy!

On the Sanderg California there is a J and a MM pick up near the bridge - as standard the front coil of the MM can be isolated into single coil mode and then you have jazz configuration.

I want the rear coil (closest to bridge) to isolate instead for a bit more toppy bite - we've swapped a couple of wires (green and white) but now the switch doesn't activate the MM configuration and the bass is just in single coil, but with the rear most pick up in play (so we are half right! :) )

Sandberg referred to the Delano guide and there are a few people of the Sandberg Players FB site who are also keen to try this. Anyone out there made the amendment or any techie gurus with bright ideas where we went wrong?

http://www.delano.de/uploads/tx_smtdelano/delano-installation-guide_55.pdf

Cheers gang!

Jason

Assuming you are talking about the diagram on page 8, (Series/Single Coil), it looks like you need to swap Brown and Yellow over as well.
I don't have time to draw it but it looks like from the top of the switch it should be:
White - Vol / Bal
Brown and Green - Top Contact
Yellow - Bottom Contact and to Earth.

In "stingray" mode the pickup is wired in a series configuration, hence the need to swap the Brown and Yellow.

Hi - got the below from Sandberg - Techie working from memory, and it works!
[size=2]sure the wiring is different, but the Delano wiring diagrams help to identify the correct wires.[/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2]Standard wiring of a Delano humbucker is this:[/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2]Yellow + blank – ground[/size]
[size=2]Green + brown – split[/size]
[size=2]White – hot[/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2]If I got that correct in memory, you will have to wire it like this:[/size]
[size=2] [/size]
[size=2]brown + blank – ground[/size]
[size=2]White + Yellow – split[/size]
[size=2]Green – hot[/size]