Why become a member? ×

Rock/Indie Rock single, Archive by The Commonjets

ROConnell

My band's, The Commonjets, latest single was released in March of this year, haven't posted it up here yet, so here we are.

It's called Archive, it was recorded over 3 days in December 2015 at The Chairworks Studios in Leeds (if anyone's been there you'll know how great it is)! Bit of trivia, the main desk we used was previously owned by Gary Barlow, but he hasn't ruined it fortunately...

The track was produced, mixed and mastered by Stephen Whitfield, who's previously engineered and produced for The Cure and Fossil Collective amongst others ([url="http://www.facebook.com/stevewhitfieldproducer1/"]more here[/url]) and he did a really great job!

[url="http://soundcloud.com/thecommonjets/archive"]You can listen here for free![/url]

A bit about us as a band from our press release:

[size=4][i]The Commonjets are a four-piece rock band from Coventry who have been together since 2011. The band has played countless gigs at high-profile festivals including Isle of Wight Festival, Godiva Festival and supported bands such as The Enemy and The Sherlocks.[/i][/size]

[size=4][i]The latest single ‘[b]Archive[/b]’ was released on 18[sup]th[/sup] March 2016 and was produced by Steve Whitfield (The Cure, Fossil Collective), and recorded at The Chairworks Studios, Leeds. The track continues to draw positive industry attention:[/i][/size]

[size=4][i]“These boys are a favourite of mine, and their new release [b]Archive[/b], takes them to another level.” [b]The Empire, Coventry (Co-founded by Tom Clarke of The Enemy.)[/b][/i][/size]

[size=4][i]“The new single [b]Archive[/b] is another great sounding track from The Commonjets, loving the energy lads. Keep it up.”[b] Pete Waterman, Jr.[/b][/i][/size]

[size=4][i]“Cool, polished. Great energy when they perform live.” [b]BBC Introducing[/b][/i][/size]

[size=4][i]In 2015 The Commonjets released their first E.P entitled ‘Northern Quarter,' inspired by their trip to that very area of Manchester for a shoot with legendary rock ’n’ roll photographer Ian Tilton (The Stone Roses, Kurt Cobain). Later in the year the band were BBC Introducing’s ‘Band of the Month’ and played out of their home city with gigs in Manchester and London (Zombie Shack, Roadtrip & The Workshop.) Finally, in December 2015 the band were named as Coventry’s ‘Band of the Year’ by Pete Chambers BEM (Director - Coventry Music Museum).[/i][/size]

[size=4]I used my Squier VM Jazz on this.[/size]

[size=4]Cheers for reading everybody, all listens and comments welcome. ;)[size=4] [/size][/size]

Edited by ROConnell