Why become a member? ×

Please more info for this Squier Strat Fender

Raposa

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hello All,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My late husband left me some instruments. There is an electric guitar wich is a Squier Strat Fender. Because I do not play any instrument (sorry [/font][/color] :mellow:[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] ) I want to sell it but I do not know how much I can ask for it. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Can any one help me please????[/font][/color]

http://s350.photobucket.com/user/happyinportugalRaposa/library/Squier%20Strat%20Fender?sort=3&page=1

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Kind regards,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Jeannette[/font][/color]

Firstly, its not a "Fender" but there is a link to the Fender name. Squier is a different brand owned by the Fender parent company, which is basically the cheaper/more accessible end of the range. In days gone by, it was fairly simple but now its fairly complicated, in that there's several ranges within the Squier brand:

Bullet
Affinity
Standard
Vintage Modified
Classic Vibe

I've probably missed a few out too. I've listed them in price order, the Bullet being the cheapest. Your guitar looks like a Bullet. Many more reputable guitar shops no longer sell these, but start off at the Affinity range, basically because they won't sell something they consider too low quality/too many issues and returns, etc.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your guitar is worth something like £70-90. The one anomoly is its in a nice case - the case is possibly worth £30-40. It may be worth splitting the case and guitar if/when you sell it, although it would be easier to sell them as one; and offer postage on it (which massively broadens the available marketplace).