Why become a member? ×

Midland Bass Bash 4 13/05/2017

Si600

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! MBB4! I need my head looking at...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Midlands Bass Bash 2017 is taking place on the 13th May 2017 from 1200 to 1700.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The venue is[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Brockington College,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Blaby Road,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Enderby,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Leicester,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LE19 4AQ[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's easy to get to from J21 of the M1. Take the A5460 and at the first roundabout turn right onto the B4114 towards Narborough. Carry on the B4114 past Fosse Park on the right until you get to another roundabout. Turn right here onto Blaby road, the B582. Follow this road and once you cross the motorway Brockington College is the next left.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]In the left hand corner of the car park is direct access to the front of the school. If you want to use that to unload that's fine, but it would be appreciated if you would then park in the car park proper afterwards. The room we are using is the first door on the left, just beyond the disabled parking bays. We'll try and get a sign up with an arrow![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There is a firm limit of 7 amp rigs in the room[/font][/color] but if you have one handmade by dusky thighed maidens that is acoustically perfect in every way then I'll make an exception to the rule[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]! The room isn't huge and I'd like to be able to hear afterwards and be allowed back next year [/font][/color] :)[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] I'm bringing my GK kit as a house rig for everyone to play through should you want to.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We're going to ask for a £5 entry fee on the day. On the off chance enough people turn up to cover the costs any extra will be donated to a charity voted for by the attendees.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I think that's about it, any other information will appear in this post at the top of the thread and then be bumped.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Can any possible/definite/probably attendees put their names on the list so we have a reasonable idea of how many to expect.[/font][/color]

Edited by Si600

It's just a social really, meet people from the forum and try any basses that get brought along. Show off your own kit if you brought anything, drink tea or coffee and if you're lucky eat cake!

Edited by Si600

I love these bashes so much, I'll come up from West Sussex for it.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Si600 - GK rig (house rig) Fender P V so GrammeFriday can get GAS all over again![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Tauzero - One or two SEI's or an Ash[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. T-Web[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Ashweb[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. Len_derby[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. Markstuk[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. ChunkyMunky - Musicman Bongo 5HH, Genz Benz Shuttle 12.0 and other bits.[/font][/color]

Look forward to this - the last ones have been a really relaxed way of meeting some of the other folk on this forum and to try out some varied and interesting kit. Well worth a visit if you haven't been before.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Si600 - GK rig (house rig) Fender P V so GrammeFriday can get GAS all over again![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Tauzero - One or two SEI's or an Ash[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. ChunkyMunky - Musicman Bongo 5HH, Genz Benz Shuttle 12.0 and other bits.[/font][/color]
8. Jabba_the_gut - Some home build basses

Edited by Jabba_the_gut

Yup - I'll be there too :)

9. Andyjr1515

Edited by Andyjr1515

[quote name='NickA' timestamp='1480887270' post='3187910']
I shall try to come along. Will bring my Wal and Warwick and hope to try some amps out in return.

Double basses too? or is this a purely electric bash?
[/quote]
I would have thought a Double Bass would be most welcome :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='NickA' timestamp='1480887270' post='3187910']
I shall try to come along. Will bring my Wal and Warwick and hope to try some amps out in return.

Double basses too? or is this a purely electric bash?
[/quote]

Why not? I brought my fretless electric to the Double Bass Bash last October. Didn't use it but wanted to be prepared. See you there?

9. Andyjr1515
10. SpondonBassed - [color=#00ff00]Ashdown Toneman 300[/color] - a selection or all three from [color=#00ff00]Steinberger Spirit XT25, Hohner B2A, Vantage fretless 33B-XF[/color]

I have petrol money for an attendee who can give me and my kit a lift from Spondon to Leicester and back on the day

Edited by SpondonBassed

[quote name='Harryburke14' timestamp='1483393603' post='3206859']
Add me and the mystery bass to the list.
[/quote]

Done

9. Andyjr1515
10. SpondonBassed - [color=#00ff00]Ashdown Toneman 300[/color] - a selection or all three from [color=#00ff00]Steinberger Spirit XT25, Hohner B2A, Vantage fretless 33B-XF[/color]
11. Harryburke14 - Mystery bass

9. Andyjr1515
11. Harryburke14 - Mystery bass
12. Norris

I've not decided whether to bring anything yet - I'll see how much stuff everybody else is bringing first. I think everyone has seen most of my gear already, but I'm happy to bring anything on request (including the Thunderbird Seashell - if you need your GAS fuelling, I might be persuaded to part with it)
I will try to finish the Telecaster I'm building as I know that Andyjr1515 is keen to see it. I'd also be keen to see any other self builds as we seemed to have a few builders last year
I might even make a cake

Edit: Oh and Tauzero - if you fancy bringing your Buzzard along I'd love to see that again :)

Edited by Norris