Why become a member? ×

Midland Bass Bash 4 13/05/2017

Si600

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1483529846' post='3207894']
Yup i'll be there too - count me in.

In terms of gear - probably the Lull PJ4, the old Precision, LM3 and Schroeder cab. I'll remember to contribute something to the raffle this time too!
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Si600 - GK rig (house rig) Fender P V so GrammeFriday can get GAS all over again![/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Tauzero - One or two SEI's or an Ash[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. T-Web[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Ashweb[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. Len_derby[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. Markstuk[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. ChunkyMunky - Musicman Bongo 5HH, Genz Benz Shuttle 12.0 and other bits.[/font][/color]
8. Jabba_the_gut - Some home build basses
9. Andyjr1515
10. SpondonBassed - [color=#00ff00]Ashdown Toneman 300[/color] - a selection or all three from [color=#00ff00]Steinberger Spirit XT25, Hohner B2A, Vantage fretless 33B-XF[/color]
11. Harryburke14 - Mystery bass - "may bring the Fender Rumble 500 and Orange 410"
12. Norris
13, Bassbiscuits - "probably the Lull PJ4, the old Precision, LM3 and Schroeder cab."

Fixed

Edited by SpondonBassed

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1483793486' post='3210141']
Edit: Oh and Tauzero - if you fancy bringing your Buzzard along I'd love to see that again :)
[/quote]

Sorry, the Buzzard has gone, replaced by the Esh, which itself will be going at some point as I just got the Sei Flamboyant 5 to add to the other two Seis. So I could have 3 Seis there now.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1484256830' post='3214185']

Sorry, the Buzzard has gone, replaced by the Esh, which itself will be going at some point as I just got the Sei Flamboyant 5 to add to the other two Seis. So I could have 3 Seis there now.
[/quote]

Shame. That was a gorgeous bass. About the length of a double decker bus, but gorgeous

Edited by Norris

[quote name='Dave_the_bass' timestamp='1484778362' post='3218462']
Not guaranteeing anything this far out, especially as I'm on holiday until a couple of days before, but; I'm hoping to make it this year!

If I am coming then Spondon's transport issues will be solved.
[/quote]

Noted. Please give me an update when you can confirm?

• 4 weeks later...

Gigging the previous night and assuming I can drag my broken body out of bed, I'll be there again. Have ditched the Kemper and Berg setup for a BF Super Twin and GK Backline 600 if anyone wants to hear it. Could bring a Kubicki Factor bass, my Vigier or maybe a Shuker Jazz if anyone would like a widdle. Also just picked up up a 70's peavey 120 bass amp that is rather glorious in an old skool transistor amp sorta way - can bring it if you want to reminisce how things were better in the 'pre class-D old days' ;-)

Edited by intime-nick

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1484808912' post='3218556']

Noted. Please give me an update when you can confirm?
[/quote]
Hi
Only just caught up with the thread. I'll probably be taking Neil (Len_Derby) and between us we'll have a decent number of basses but there still should be a seat left if Dave_the_bass can't make it :)

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make this. Will bring a nice limelight P and Maruszycyk Elwood L. Can also bring an Aguilar DB750 plus TKS cabs if there's not too many amps already. What's the etiquette with cake? Should I get MrsTcat to knock something up?

[quote name='Andyjr1515' timestamp='1487175748' post='3237783']
Hi
Only just caught up with the thread. I'll probably be taking Neil (Len_Derby) and between us we'll have a decent number of basses but there still should be a seat left if Dave_the_bass can't make it :)
[/quote]

Cheers Andy. We'll see what's happening nearer the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah haa!

Midlands bass bash eh?

Count me in for that. May bring a couple of basses down with me including the new one (courtesy of Jon Shuker, the London Bass Guitar Show, and a spectacular lack of self control).

May also be able to encourage the wonderful Mrs S to flex her baking muscles again...

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1489526854' post='3257722']
Ah haa!

Midlands bass bash eh?

Count me in for that. May bring a couple of basses down with me including the new one (courtesy of Jon Shuker, the London Bass Guitar Show, and a spectacular lack of self control).

May also be able to encourage the wonderful Mrs S to flex her baking muscles again...
[/quote]
Great news - on all counts :)

Just caught up with this thread - I'm beginning to feel very under geared! If I go for 'full deployment' then I can bring my main bass, an Ibenez GSR200, my first bass, a Tanglewood Rebel that I don't use as much as I should, my Ashdown Perfect Ten amp and a Boss flanger pedal; and maybe a cake.

[quote name='Ashweb' timestamp='1489540627' post='3257832']
Just caught up with this thread - I'm beginning to feel very under geared! If I go for 'full deployment' then I can bring my main bass, an Ibenez GSR200, my first bass, a Tanglewood Rebel that I don't use as much as I should, my Ashdown Perfect Ten amp and a Boss flanger pedal; and maybe a cake.
[/quote]

You don't have to take anything - play everybody else's - WARNING though, almost guarantees a GAS attack :lol: :lol:

It does seem like there will be an awful lot of kit there if everyone brings what they have mentioned. I won't be bringing anything except hopefully be thinline Telecaster guitar I've been building as I know it's of particular interest to some of the other builders that are attending. I live in the village though and can quickly pop home to fetch anything else that people may want to try.

I'll also try to sort a suitable raffle prize and maybe a cake too