Why become a member? ×

I like dead flats

SH73

[quote name='interpol52' timestamp='1480532956' post='3185199']

Sir Mix a lot - Baby Got Back

Have look on youtube!

I must admit that when I saw the title 'I like dead flats' that song sprang to mind instantly!
[/quote]
If you mean my you tube video then i use new strings and various amp settings etc. In order to get as close to SH sound as I can, but when I play my own tracks I prefer the dead flats sound on my other Pb to the blue one or the growly jazz bass.
I find the dead flats sut better in my mix.

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1480533261' post='3185202']

If you mean my you tube video then i use new strings and various amp settings etc. In order to get as close to SH sound as I can, but when I play my own tracks I prefer the dead flats sound on my other Pb to the blue one or the growly jazz bass.
I find the dead flats sut better in my mix.
[/quote]

No it's not that, I was referring to the earlier post. Its a reference to a song by Sir Mix a Lot.

I do like your tone though in your vids. Very nice.

[quote name='interpol52' timestamp='1480535216' post='3185225']

No it's not that, I was referring to the earlier post. Its a reference to a song by Sir Mix a Lot.

I do like your tone though in your vids. Very nice.
[/quote]
I'm completely lost and don't get the response to my dead flats at all!

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1480535573' post='3185233']

I'm completely lost and don't get the response to my dead flats at all!
[/quote]

There is a song Called Baby Got Back. Its a bit of a tongue in cheek MTV rap type song from days gone by. The opening lines are

"I like big butts and I cannot lie"

Your thread title brought to mind the lyrics to that song. It's not on youtube though, he must be one of those people that doesn't like his songs on there. Anyway, hope that clears it up!

I like dead flats too by the way, the deader the better. Sorry I derailed your thread.

[quote name='interpol52' timestamp='1480536207' post='3185243']

There is a song Called Baby Got Back. Its a bit of a tongue in cheek MTV rap type song from days gone by. The opening lines are

Your thread title brought to mind the lyrics to that song. It's not on youtube though, he must be one of those people that doesn't like his songs on there. Anyway, hope that clears it up!

I like dead flats too by the way, the deader the better. Sorry I derailed your thread.
[/quote]
Cheers...a bit off the title by the first responder but never mind.
Have a good evening

[quote name='interpol52' timestamp='1480536207' post='3185243']

[/quote]

It was the first thing I thought too.

[quote name='Vinny' timestamp='1480529812' post='3185164']

...and I cannot lie...etc.

Sorry. Extra coat, please, it's very cold out.
[/quote]

I came within an inch of posting that.

I can't even find a decent cover version on YouTube to enlighten those unfamiliar with the song.

Now dead flats, carry on...

Edited by Cato

Aaanyhoo, joke failure notwithstanding, I just picked up a VM P5 with flats on (seem quite new, though) but the only time I can tell when flats are a bit past their best is with a pick, and even then I find the difference fairly subtle.

Is this down to the brand/type of flats or am I just some sort of cloth-eared philistine?

• 1 month later...