Why become a member? ×

November Noodle Bar - VOTING!

Skol303

[color=#800000][size=6][b]November’s noodles are in... let battle commence![/b][/size][/color]

[size=5]Have a listen, pick your favourite [b]THREE[/b] and vote:[/size]

[url="http://soundcloud.com/skol-mixes/november-noodle"]Skol303[/url]

[url="http://soundcloud.com/agwin/ags-idea"]Agwin[/url]

[url="http://soundcloud.com/user-531446910/noodle-overdrive"]Twincam[/url]

[url="http://soundcloud.com/timothy-terrence-higgins-iv/noodle-prints"]timhiggins[/url]

[color=#800000][size=5][b]Voting ends at midnight on Thursday 8th December.[/b][/size][/color]

Come on people, FFS! [i](...that's shorthand for 'Feeling Festive Surely').[/i]

Here are some short, 60 second clips of people playing bass. On a bass players' forum.

And here's a no-expense-spared infographic, summarising this conundrum:

[size=2]Thanks for Mark Ewbie for this slice of insight.[/size]

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1480947347' post='3188277']
Come on people, FFS! [i](...that's shorthand for 'Feeling Festive Surely').[/i]

Here are some short, 60 second clips of people playing bass. On a bass players' forum.

And here's a no-expense-spared infographic, summarising this conundrum:

[size=2]Thanks for Mark Ewbie for this slice of insight.[/size]
[/quote]

I did think the 60 seconds limit would encourage people to have a listen as its not to much effort. Even spread over a few days during voting its even easier.

Think this is the lowest turnout of entries to date :(.
Of course no one has to enter etc but it really is a bit of fun and takes very little time.
And the sheer thrill to know you might get voted by the bass playing public as the best noodler for a month should inspire. Alas know one is reading this.

Im getting the feeling one should fall upon the sword with the noodle bar. I did try to get a little more forum participation going.

Maybe a rule tweak could gain a few more entries?

Bribery?

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1480996724' post='3188825']
I did think the 60 seconds limit would encourage people to have a listen as its not to much effort. Even spread over a few days during voting its even easier.

Think this is the lowest turnout of entries to date :(.
Of course no one has to enter etc but it really is a bit of fun and takes very little time.
And the sheer thrill to know you might get voted by the bass playing public as the best noodler for a month should inspire. Alas know one is reading this.

Im getting the feeling one should fall upon the sword with the noodle bar. I did try to get a little more forum participation going.

Maybe a rule tweak could gain a few more entries?

Bribery?
[/quote] It is a shame more people dont join in ,i think its a great idea and its so easy to stick your phone in front of amp whilst practicing ...for me i dont get the chance to get in the studio and do something for the composition challenge but i can always capture a noodle when practicing...i must admit i didnt know what the noodle bar was until the last few months ...

• 2 weeks later...

I hope we’re not considering the Noodle bar as taking a Cat to some deceased equine creature.
Whaddya reckon chaps and chapesses, shall we see if a January Noodle Bar provides any more entries?
Congratulations to Skol, by the way and also thanks for overseeing the Bar these past months.

[quote name='Agwin' timestamp='1481884776' post='3195906']
I hope we’re not considering the Noodle bar as taking a Cat to some deceased equine creature.
Whaddya reckon chaps and chapesses, shall we see if a January Noodle Bar provides any more entries?
Congratulations to Skol, by the way and also thanks for overseeing the Bar these past months.
[/quote]

Well hopefully it won't come down to that. I already have another (crap) noodle.
However it does really need a few more entries than last month.
As I actually felt embarrassed haha.

I know it was said the established composition comp doesn't get the attention it deserves considering the amount of members. This was supposed to be an even easier way to get forum members involved.
But alas poor Twincam not many are interested.

I think people must be frightened ;) lol

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1481916724' post='3196318']
Thanks chaps.

I suggest we have a well earned rest over Christmas and relaunch the Noodle Bar in January with a firm boot up its arse.

Until then, cheers for all your contributions this year! :)
[/quote]
Yes, some folk will have new toys for xmas they will want to give an outing, either recorders or instruments, even new strings! Should liven up in the new year.