Why become a member? ×

MXR Bass D.I. V2?

sirmuppet

Hi guys.

Just wondering if there is a V2 of this pedal? I see they have changed the knobs recently and when I do a search of "MXR Bass DI V2" it does come up with result but nothing says if there is actually a revision to the pedal or any differences etc...

Has anyone bought one recently and compared it to and older one? Does anyone know if there is a difference in the newer ones and if so what those are?

Just considering buying one and it'll make an impact on buying used or new.

Thanks.

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1480606176' post='3185794']
The different knob versions of the unit look exactly the same to me, apart from the knobs of course!
[/quote]

That's certainly what I'm hoping is the only difference. I had experience with a Visual sound pedal where it looked just like a knob change only but the internal trim pot for the noise reduction had been removed between the versions too, so was pre-set. So I'm only asking about the MXR in precaution to previous experience. Don't want to buy a used one then find out that the new one has improvements etc...

ooh some serious knob polishing going on at MXR hehe

I have V1, and if they improved anything on V2 they would certainly say so. I reckon it's exactly the same.

If you get it, and want to defeat the 'contour automatically on in distortion mode' problem, just push the contour button in without distortion on, and adjust the mids to compensate. Now if you hit distortion you'll get your mids back !

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1480660624' post='3186126']
ooh some serious knob polishing going on at MXR hehe

I have V1, and if they improved anything on V2 they would certainly say so. I reckon it's exactly the same.

If you get it, and want to defeat the 'contour automatically on in distortion mode' problem, just push the contour button in without distortion on, and adjust the mids to compensate. Now if you hit distortion you'll get your mids back !
[/quote]

Ha ha.

I opted for the Sansamp BDDI V2. If it's not what I want then I can return it under their 30 day thing.

Cheers for the heads up on the mids thing. If I get it I'll be sure to try that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a PBDDI too, when I first got it, I loved the tones I was getting. Coming back to it after a year and it doesn't seem to do it for me.I need to experiment with it some more.

Be very careful afjusting the knobs when going through an amp, they are VERY sensitive and could blow your speakers. Always adjust with low volume.

Edited by bazztard