Why become a member? ×

"They're playing your guitars in there"

stingrayPete1977

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1480954352' post='3188374']
We've had people turn speakers round because it's too loud for them. They stand right in front of it and think it's ok to turn it towards the band !
[/quote]

Same here, in fact we are back with the Farmers again. One twat thought it funny to keep putting the mic right in front of the (now turned in) speakers so it would feed back.

We also witnessed them opening creates of champagne, shaking the bottles and spraying each other with them, then just tossing the bottle on the floor.

New money eh?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1480946591' post='3188266']
I will do, we were at the horse and jockey a couple of weeks ago too, mostly private functions the rest of the time, like the one in this thread! :D
[/quote] [quote name='vmaxblues' timestamp='1480939245' post='3188160']
and if you Hercules stands....

[url="https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/guitar-wall-mount/hercules-stands-hcha-101-guitar-stand-lock?gclid=CjwKEAiAvZTCBRDvnoOaoa2j3xISJABxPjN9fJZnZ3Irggx91EhKionigGs4yVoL9BmpB681tPJpTBoCZPTw_wcB"]https://www.bax-shop...PJpTBoCZPTw_wcB[/url]

I use these.

End of gig = Pack away guitars immediately.

Between sets, lock stand and never have kit out of eyeline!
[/quote]

Must get one of these. Thanks for the heads-up

First thing after finishing a gig i cut every channel in the mixer, then i remove and store my mic, i also encourage singer and drummer to store their mics and sticks. Helps to prevent drunks to have a go or having someone nicking a mic in the mifddle of the confusion.

I've had to point out the price of a TRB5PII or a Ken Smith BSR5G in the past to some punters (drunk or not) that thought it would be fun to have a stage experience without asking. That usually does the trick if they're not too drunk to even think.

I've thought about making a beveled/angled something to place on top of my subs so it's impossible to place cups on top of them, never got to do it but it comes to my mind every other gig. Only times i've got really upset while playing was when a punter (and even staff members) rebember to place drinks on top of my amp, usually they get the hint after they see my furious face looking at them...

i'm a bit OCD with my gear... maybe more than a bit...

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1481038917' post='3189212']
I've thought about making a beveled/angled something to place on top of my subs so it's impossible to place cups on top of them, never got to do it but it comes to my mind every other gig.
[/quote]
You may be interested in the following - https://www.subsafeaudio.com

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1481038917' post='3189212']
I've thought about making a beveled/angled something to place on top of my subs so it's impossible to place cups on top of them, never got to do it but it comes to my mind every other gig. Only times i've got really upset while playing was when a punter (and even staff members) rebember to place drinks on top of my amp, usually they get the hint after they see my furious face looking at them...

i'm a bit OCD with my gear... maybe more than a bit...
[/quote]

Ah, drinks on gear. My favourite. I wouldn't say it's OCD to worry about it at all. The subs for my PA are a magnet for glasses. I explain to peeps that the power amps are built in to them and that if the drink goes over, the fans will suck it inside and wreck them (at £3k a pop, not fun) and they just look at me as if I'm mad.

I've not had anyone do this behind our backs.

A few times people have asked to pose with the instruments and mics which is ok.

The last time somebody had a go without asking as such was a when a young lady joined us mid set to 'help out' on the drums. She somehow got a spare stick and joined in on the cymbals and floor toms. She was surprisingly in time. In order to do this she had to sit on my cab (the barefaced cheek of it!.-check my sig) It certainly looked like she was enjoying herself. I'm not sure if it was the drumming or having my bass notes pulsate through her.... :ph34r: I was videoing the gig with my 'Bass Cam' so got a good bit of footage. After a few minutes her friends gestured for her to leave as their taxi had arrived. Haven't seen her since.

Played a private party for a farmer some years back.
At the end of the night, he came chugging into the party room (barn) in a dump truck and emptied the hopper out onto the "dance floor"
....it was full of icy cold water he had scooped from the nearby livestock pond.

Happily, we were on a raised stage, but it DID clear both the punters and the party refuse out pretty quickly!

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1480953856' post='3188367']
I should add it was the photographers idea and they did ask our singer (standing guard in the background) while the rest of us were outside. They didnt make any noise and we all very grateful and brought us drinks all night.
And yes, she look a lot more natural on the bass than i ever do.

[url="https://flic.kr/p/cptk8E"][/url]
[url="https://flic.kr/p/cptk8E"]Will and Janine Usher[/url] by [url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/davebass5/"]Dave Pearce[/url], on Flickr

I always find it a laugh to let seem of the audience play with us, but we rarely get asked for instrument's its anomaly peoples who can "sing". Had one one guy ask to play bass on a song, I let him have my 5 string. Watched as the look of confusion crept over his face and he decided he was too drunk and couldnt make out where the strings were so gave it back.
[/quote]

I hope she's not a slapper!!

I'll get my coat!!

Loving this thread. I've had my fair share of idiots over the years, but I find it's usually around trying to get past them when loading/unloading where I get the most problem with drunks. We once had someone start playing a keyboard as we tried to get it through the crowd carrying it flat - I actually thought that was funny, but the keyboard player didn't.

I also thought it was funny when a pretty young lady flirtily asked our 60 year old drummer if she could borrow his trilby hat during a break in our gig on Saturday night - and got a flat "No", then a lecture on how he would get a head cold and the dangers of not keeping his head warm at his age....he was deadly serious, but I was laughing my head off!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1481108787' post='3189719']
Yep we had that at this gig too,face full of sickly vape fumes to start with then 150 people waiting in the entrance for taxis to arrive as we were packing away!
[/quote]
It's a delight, isn't it. I have resolved to pack down, and have swift half while the venue clears.

Edited by LewisK1975

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1481044394' post='3189286']
You may be interested in the following - [url="https://www.subsafeaudio.com"]https://www.subsafeaudio.com[/url]
[/quote]

Genious! Exactly what i have in mind... oh, wait... there goes my million dollar invention for a shark tank pitch...

I started packing down once and as I unplugged a mic (the PA was live playing disco music) there was a huge pop.

I looked over to the desk to find some idiot playing with the faders.

I went over and asked him what he thought he was doing but he was too drunk to answer but his mate said "It's ok, he knows what he's doing, he plays in a band."

:(

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1481135454' post='3189982']
Genious! Exactly what i have in mind... oh, wait... there goes my million dollar invention for a shark tank pitch...
[/quote]

I don't know - if you could make them look less sh1t you may be on to something.