Why become a member? ×

Smallest rig

JPJ

So last night I played a gig with the physically smallest rig I've ever used live......and I loved it! TC Electronics BG250 208, Radial Tonebone, and Tanglewood Acoustic Bass.

Great fun, might have to do it again :-)

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JPJ/media/E7D97C2C-3928-4756-BA22-6CAB49FD070C_zpso6b36drd.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/JPJ/E7D97C2C-3928-4756-BA22-6CAB49FD070C_zpso6b36drd.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JPJ/media/7C5854C4-5111-4F71-9D0A-412A0F18BF09_zpshsg2rkdl.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/JPJ/7C5854C4-5111-4F71-9D0A-412A0F18BF09_zpshsg2rkdl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Believe it or not, we're a southern rock band 😎

The only 'issue' I have with the TC is the DI is a bit noisy but as I'm using the Radial to balance the acoustic with the fretless so I just used the DI from that. Other than that, the TC is all you need on a gig like this. I'm going to add the foot switch to get the mute & two TonePrints although to be honest, I only use a little bit of chorus with the fretless.

It's a Radial Tonebone Bassbone, a two channel DI box with EQ, effects loop, and boost. I use it to balance the output of my fretless electric and the electro-acoustic, and to DI into the FOH

No website at the moment but we're on Facebook as dirtysouthrock

Next gig for us is a big one, headline slot at the Newcastle O2 Academy on 27th December. Full nine piece Skynyrd tribute show, with four other quality local tributes.

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1480926268' post='3188015']
Nice one, I've been playing this setup for the last few weeks now and really enjoying it:
[/quote]

Ah another Flyrig user! A bass playing friend up here in the frozen North has just bought one of these and uses it as his whole rig. Bass -> Flyrig -> FOH -> in-ears. I'm such a luddite I don't think I could ever go that far, but he is well impressed with the Flyrig and he knows his bass onions.

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1480941394' post='3188183']
Ah another Flyrig user! A bass playing friend up here in the frozen North has just bought one of these and uses it as his whole rig. Bass -> Flyrig -> FOH -> in-ears. I'm such a luddite I don't think I could ever go that far, but he is well impressed with the Flyrig and he knows his bass onions.
[/quote]

Yep, I do that quite a bit too, just IEM's, bass and Flyrig. It's a great little setup.

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1480897291' post='3187980']
No website at the moment but we're on Facebook as dirtysouthrock

Next gig for us is a big one, headline slot at the Newcastle O2 Academy on 27th December. Full nine piece Skynyrd tribute show, with four other quality local tributes.
[/quote]

No can do from me, we're in the slightly less prestigious Stone Trough that night! Good luck with the show though!

[quote name='Jack' timestamp='1480969172' post='3188589']

No can do from me, we're in the slightly less prestigious Stone Trough that night! Good luck with the show though!
[/quote]

Still a good gig though, who do you play with?

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1480948874' post='3188286']
Here's my FULL rig, but using just one of these little cabs still holds its own very well, and is extremely small/compact.

Eude
[/quote]

I absolutely love the Mi2.0 rig. I have one for the gigs where we only want to take one car, the 1x10 has more punch then you think. I would recommend this combination to any one wanting to downsize.

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1480948874' post='3188286']
Here's my FULL rig, but using just one of these little cabs still holds its own very well, and is extremely small/compact.

Eude
[/quote]

I love the idea of something that size. I see a fiver in the picture, how does something that small handle the deep end?

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1481217013' post='3190690']
I love the idea of something that size. I see a fiver in the picture, how does something that small handle the deep end?
[/quote]

Pretty well mate.
In a gentle environment, say an acoustic jam, it's just fine, but for a bit more welly, you really need the two cabs.
I've not used it much in anger as yet, but it's very capable considering the size. The best comparison would be a 2x10 combo if you've tried anything like that? Although, it's hand having the second 1x10 cab up nearer your ear, rather than on the floor.

Eude

Thanks!

It's probably quite old fashioned, but I see rigs like that and think how they could possibly cope with serious low end. The footprint and the form factor is really appealing though, having the single for the folky stuff and the pair for the rockier stuff.