Why become a member? ×

Phasers!!!!

bassist_lewis

Depends what your looking for. I use a ChaseBliss Wometone mkII. So much tweakability. I usually feed it a midi clock (via a empress midibox) and the CV from my envelope filter (WMD Protostar). I sync its LFO to the midiclock, and then change the depth and volume with the envelope, which turns it into a weird synced up envelope phaser (and gate for the dirt pedals i put before it).
It can also do less weird things i guess (like regular phasing) but i haven't really tried that…

I also have a EHX Flanger Hoax, which is basically a normal phaser, twinned with a static phaser (no LFO), and can be set to self oscillate. I would use this a lot more if I could sync the LFO to midi.

For a while I used an old Ibanez PH-5, sounded fantastic! Really liked it!
I swapped it out for a Boss PH-3 because I just needed something a little more extreme, which it does, but it doesn't sound quite as good as the PH-5 at more 'normal' settings.

Si

I loved my small stone too! Im currently using a Source Audio Lunar . Absolutely loads of sounds available im current ly using it with a Phase 90 sound and an incredible Envelope controlled 6 stage Phaser which sounds wicked with a fuzz. Oh and itcan do Chorus and Flange in a small pedal too :) endless tweakability.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1481331805' post='3191652']
Standard Phase 90 for me. I found the Small Stone too dark, tried a few digital ones that I didn't like, and most other boutique models are clones of the script Phase 90 that sounds too subtle for my liking.
[/quote]

+1

• 2 weeks later...