Why become a member? ×

Pedaltrain 1(old model). Where to find a soft case?

eddiehoffmann

Pinched from The Gear Page forum:

"IIRC, Guitar Center asked Pedaltrain to build a board and hardcase, but something that wasn't as expensive as their normal ATA hardcases. The result was the PT-1. The board is just fine, but the hardcase is a piece of crap. If you use it, it won't last 3 months.

The PT-2 is 2 inches longer than the PT-1, that's the only difference. If you want a PT-1 softcase, just buy a PT-2 softcase. If nothing else, you can space your pedals out a little, and I guarantee somewhere down the road you'll be thankful for those extra 2 inches (yes, I know, TWSS)"

[quote name='MonkeyTrick' timestamp='1481206531' post='3190541']
Pinched from The Gear Page forum:

"IIRC, Guitar Center asked Pedaltrain to build a board and hardcase, but something that wasn't as expensive as their normal ATA hardcases. The result was the PT-1. The board is just fine, but the hardcase is a piece of crap. If you use it, it won't last 3 months.

The PT-2 is 2 inches longer than the PT-1, that's the only difference. If you want a PT-1 softcase, just buy a PT-2 softcase. If nothing else, you can space your pedals out a little, and I guarantee somewhere down the road you'll be thankful for those extra 2 inches (yes, I know, TWSS)"
[/quote]

Thanks! I'll have a look if I can find a PT-2 soft case. Incidentally... I don't think the hard case is crap. It's quite solid and I've been using it for years even as riser for my cab(s) and it's still in one piece. It's a bit scuffed, of course, but that's the whole point of a hard case isn't it? To take the hits your gear would otherwise take...

[quote name='eddiehoffmann' timestamp='1481237039' post='3190965']

Thanks! I'll have a look if I can find a PT-2 soft case. Incidentally... I don't think the hard case is crap. It's quite solid and I've been using it for years even as riser for my cab(s) and it's still in one piece. It's a bit scuffed, of course, but that's the whole point of a hard case isn't it? To take the hits your gear would otherwise take...
[/quote]

Like I said, this was a copy&paste job. Totally agree with you though, I used to have a handmade (crap) pedalboard and even an infamous cardboard one.