Why become a member? ×

Gratuitous Alembic pic

alembic1989

I think these are pretty rare instruments still in this country and if I think hard I can only recall ever seeing about 4 alembics being played by UK musicians in this country. Two Epics, an Orion and a Mark King. The only other times are Stanley Clarke, Jimmy Johnson and me.
I'd love to see more live but unless there are any players in the midlands area it's pretty unlikely.

Edited by jazzyvee

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Captain Bassman' timestamp='1492968801' post='3284486']
Short scale series 2 built in 1982 and with a partial refurb from the Mothership back in 2010. The wood finish is original though and is the lovely satin lacquer that Alembic used to use before going all glossy.

Acquired from Stefano (Steno) on this forum, credit to him for the pics.
[/quote]
How are you getting on with it?
I just love this bass and wished I could have bought it when it came up for sale but alas my bass budget was depleted by a 5 string series bass last summer. If you are ever gigging round the midlands area with it let me know I'd love to hear it in action.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1492780363' post='3283180']

Let me know if you ever decide you want to sell this bass.
What are the controls on it?
[/quote]. Controls - 2x volume, 2x low pass filters , 2x CVQ , pickup selector, master volume, LED switch, Stereo/mono switch.
Hope this helps.

I think this was the one time that dual CVQs were installed outside of Series .When this bass was made back in the eighties there appeared to be no issues with the CVQ request . As it turned out this Anniversary/Series 2 hybrid option cost Ron more bench time than installing the Series 2 electronics . The end result sounds great though.

Edited by BritBass 2

[quote name='Captain Bassman' timestamp='1492968801' post='3284486']
Short scale series 2 built in 1982 and with a partial refurb from the Mothership back in 2010. The wood finish is original though and is the lovely satin lacquer that Alembic used to use before going all glossy.

Acquired from Stefano (Steno) on this forum, credit to him for the pics.
[/quote]

That is incredible. One of the best looking Alembics I've ever seen.