Why become a member? ×

Thomann Decos

yorks5stringer

Can't find the original thread but just to say 2 days running there have been Basses on the Thomann site in the Deco category. Yesterday, it was a 5 string acoustic and today a TB reverse Bass.

Needless to say, they sell out in seconds but last week I went on(must be after they had just been posted) and filled my cart with 4 guitars that were still in stock, then thought 'I don't need these' and cancelled it.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/decorative_guitars_and_basses.html?sid=f3220875c9fec54d63950b5685cd8177

I have had 3 acoustic guitars and a 5 string fretless bass from here, but that was a couple of years ago I think. I gave up looking about a year ago because as soon as they go online, they are sold. Which is a shame as I got some great bargains. Clearly someone is making a business out of this and buying them as soon as they go online.

Yes, I enquired after a 5 string HB PJ Bass on eBay about a month ago, as it looked like a HB but the make was not mentioned. It was up for £100 and the PM that came back admitted it was a HB and offered me it for £90! I could not be ar8ed to go down the 'indignant decos' route with the seller (been there, got the t-shirt) but good luck to them. As said elsewhere, many bassists are unaware of BC and ipso facto the hot topics of the day so would snap up a Bass on Bay even though it is a deco.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...