Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha BB604 - 2003
£200

Andyjr1515

Hi

Everytime I build a bass or guitar for Pete, our old-gits-band's bassist, he gives me his old one. This is his BB604, bought from new in 2003.

One the one hand, there are some gigging dints on the front from the lower cutaway towards the knobs and a small but comprehensive buckle rash patch at the back (both pictured).

In most other respects, it is in amazing condition - it even still has the 'these knobs do this' guide attached and the cellophane on the back control panel cover!

It is Wine Red, and has the very flexible NE1-Parametric EQ - it can produce a VERY wide variety of sounds.

Looking for offers close to £200, collected from just north of Derby (happy to meet up to 50 mile radius), including soft gig bag and leather strap. No trades for this one, I'm afraid.

If no great interest, it will probably go on ebay from next Thursday eve.

Thanks for looking :)

Andy

It's a nice, clean looking bass:

Neck and headstock in great nick:

The (removable) knobs guidance card is still on it! If you look up from there, you see some of the gig dints. It hasn't been gigged a huge amount, despite its age:

Here are the other dints from the lower cutaway. Judging from the 'fluff' coming from the strings, I suspect they are in need of replacing! No dints on the top under the strings or upper bouts:

Here's the small but comprehensive buckle rash patch!

Rest of the back is damage free - cover still has its cellophane!:

Edited by Andyjr1515

These are really well made and extremely versatile. The controls that need to be are centre detented, so its easy to get back to square one, so to speak. The slightly misnamed mid cut switch can also be used to boost mids over quite a large eq range, so you could have two very different sounds at the flick of a switch. And that's without the good tone shaping available from the rest of the controls. It can also do a good Fendery P or J sound, so if you like it nice and simple that's there as well.
Very light bass. Good luck with the sale.

Edited by blisters on my fingers

[quote name='blisters on my fingers' timestamp='1481317768' post='3191555']
These are really well made and extremely versatile. The controls that need to be are centre detented, so its easy to get back to square one, so to speak. The slightly misnamed mid cut switch can also be used to boost mids over quite a large eq range, so you could have two very different sounds at the flick of a switch. And that's without the good tone shaping available from the rest of the controls. It can also do a good Fendery P or J sound, so if you like it nice and simple that's there as well.
Very light bass. Good luck with the sale.
[/quote]
Thanks for that :)

I've just been setting it up and in the process realised that the strings were shot so fitted a new set of D'Addario Chromes and what you have described is absolutely spot on. I thought my Bubinga fretless had a huge spectrum of sounds, but this Yamaha is in another league.

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1481367765' post='3191770']
I'm tempted to sell my bass collection jive jazz to fund this,soft spot for yammys
[/quote]
Don't sell it yet! I've had a number of PMs, so it might not be around long...

I'll let you know if the enquiries don't come to anything ;)