Why become a member? ×

Off sale for now
£450

Price drop as these have come down in price New as the Mk II has been announced at NAMM

£415 posted in the U.K.

So for your consideration is an Apollo Twin Solo (Thunderbolt) current price £590 new.
Mine has the original box and is in brand new, immaculate condition from a smoke free/pet free home.

[url="http://www.uaudio.com/audio-interfaces/apollo-twin.html"]http://www.uaudio.co...pollo-twin.html[/url]

It has been used at home for recording and general home studio joy. With it's unison technology you get near zero latency and the ability to control awesome sounding analog emulations of classic studio gear, amps etc. The B-15 bass amp which was recently released sounds mega! All plug ins can be demo'd for two weeks so you can try any plug-in before you which is very clever because you'll want them all :) Also the recent UAD software update makes it compatible with the recent Apple OS update.

It comes with the 'classic bundle' along with some other eq and reverbs. From memory it includes:

-1176 comp
-LA-2A comp
-Pultec EQ's (which sound great)
-Amp room (basic quality guitar amp sounds)
-Helios 69 channel strip
-UA610-B channel strip
-Reverb plug in (can't recall which one but its highly tweak-able)
and others which I simply can't recall just now.

I bought the Neve 1073 plug in (at full price £229) and I mainly use it along with the classic comps listed above and the Pultec but there are other plug-in's included but as my mac is f**ked I can't open it to tell you exactly what it has! If I need to replace my mac then this is for sale. If I can afford to fix the mac it stays.

The thing which sets the Apollo apart is the real time control of 'analogue gear' emulations/plug ins. It does sound amazing and the quality of the unit and the plug-ins are second to none.

Check out the link above and the extensive videos available. At the minute UA are having a massive end of year sale with up to 70% off many plug-ins. You could effectively buy this and with the money saved off a new one go and get some more plug-ins too!

Although the unit is registered to me there is a way to pass on ownership via Universal Audio so the plug-in's such as the Neve which I bought can be transferred to the new owner.

I bought mine from Guitar Guitar here in Edinburgh earlier this year and the free bundle was the classic as listed above. The current promotion is for the Neve and Fairchild plug in's which you will not be able to get for free even with the transfer of ownership.

For £450 (your saving nearly £200) you get the unit, thunderbolt cable (which they don't supply and I had to buy from Apple for £25!), the free Classic Bundle plus the Neve 1073 channel strip plug in which is on sale for £79 until the end of the sale period but is normally £229.

Questions via PM and I should know the fate of my mac next Friday

Thank for reading!

Edited by krispn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...