Why become a member? ×

Should I accept this???

GisserD

If everything else regarding fit and finish is good and it plays well and sounds good then I say keep it. In any case isn't your right hand/arm going to be hiding that part of the bass when you're playing it - I mean, when will you actually be looking at that part of the bass when it's being played?

Edited by HowieBass

I think send it back - it wouldn`t bother me but the fact that you`ve put this topic up suggests it does bother you, and that botherness may grow, and turn into resentment at spending £1500 and not getting a pristine bass. While you have the opportunity rectify it. But for me personally, if the bass played great and sounded great, it would be a keeper.

Given it's the natural wood grain I'm having problems working out what the"ugly bit" is... if it really bothers you as Gangur says, you have the distance selling regulations to fall back on. BUT! If it REALLY bothers you then take the financial/time hit of not buying online at a best possible price and buy from an actual shop so that you can inspect it at point of sale and ensure that you are happy with the grain and all other aspects of the bass.

My take (as I use hardwoods in my business) is that it's fine and the suppliers can't be responsible for something so subjective. However if it can be reboxed as unused they may entertain you at their discretion and change the guitar for a similar one, its worth asking if it bugs you. However if I where them , I'd be saying fine , but you have to come and choose the grain you want from what we have.

Thank everybody for your opinions.

I paid full price from a guitar shop in London. I ordered it and had them ship it to me here in brighton. I paid nearer 2000 than 1500. Alot nearer.

The thing know is I'm a wood grain lover. I purposefully paid the little extra for the ash body and transparent finish so I could see the grain. And although it's still beautiful, it is without doubt the least attractive one I have seen. And I'm not happy with that.

Upon closer inspection, there is also a scratch have on the back of the neck and a bump on the headstock. So it's going good back.

Thanks again for those who replied

If you're not happy with it, get in touch with the shop & let them know you're not happy with it, if they're a shop that is good, they'll hopefully understand and try and come up with a solution.

Personally, I like that it's not a "uniform" grain, adds a bit of personality to the bass and makes it stand out a bit.