Why become a member? ×

Should I accept this???

GisserD

[quote name='Risk101' timestamp='1482512715' post='3201233']
Wouldn't hesitate to send it back - very poor wood selection - looks unnatural in my view. You have the love the look as much as the sound.
[/quote]
Unnatural looking wood? Now I've heard everything!😂

I sent the bass back and requested another due to the scratch on the neck. They are going to send me a new one, estimated delivery 11th Jan.

I'll post a pic when it arrives.

I posted a pic of the scratch for which i returned it if anybody is interested.

As a side note, I have actually come round to the idea of ugly wood. Wood is wood. If the next one is ugly. I'll keep it :)

Edited by GisserD

• 2 weeks later...

New guitar arrived today. The wood grain is "normal" and no damage to speak of on initial inspection.

Only had 2 mins with it tho as I'm at work. Full inspection and report will follow :)

But I'm over the moon with how it looks :)

[quote name='GisserD' timestamp='1484147939' post='3213047']
New guitar arrived today. The wood grain is "normal" and no damage to speak of on initial inspection.

Only had 2 mins with it tho as I'm at work. Full inspection and report will follow :)

[/quote]
Ah, NO!!!! Just when we were getting a real division in the opinions and we could have had a real 2nd round to the argument! :P

It looks great. Can you play it? :D

[/quote]

it could just be the photo but it looks to me like you need to remove the scratchplate to access the trussrod? please tell me that isnt the case!

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1484221107' post='3213619']
it could just be the photo but it looks to me like you need to remove the scratchplate to access the trussrod? please tell me that isnt the case!
[/quote]

Isn't it like the Music Man spoke wheel system?

[/quote]
No. This doesn't use an Allen key. This has a round wheel with holes that you insert a rod into and turn it.

If you look closely you can see the holes.

[/quote]
Isn't that the normal fender way of doing things?

[/quote]
Quite pretty, for a Fender (ducks and runs away ...).

[quote name='chickenjames' timestamp='1484398981' post='3215193']
looks amazing! I think I would have sent the first one back. The scratch alone is enough reason to do that. The second one looks really good.
What are/were they like to play? any differences at all in feel or sound?
[/quote]

It's a dream to play. The kneck is so comfortable with the variable radius and neck shape.I had to spend a few evenings setting it up properly but I'm very close to where I want it now.

I've never owned a fender before, as they never really grabbed my attention before. But this one sure does! The Finnish is superb, very playable, punchy usable toned packed with that fender growl that I like. The supplied fitted case is really great too.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1486214106' post='3230082']
And now there's a new limited run of Fenders emphasising blemishes... like this Strat

[url="http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/fender-fsr-limited-edition-59-american-vintage-stratocaster-natural"]http://www.pmtonline...ocaster-natural[/url]
[/quote]

Geez! Now I quite like relic'ed guitars, but that is a whole other level and I think its' awful.