Why become a member? ×

Should I accept this???

GisserD

I received my new fender jazz elite 5er today in tobacco sunburst. It's perfect except a blemish in the wood grain is right in the middle of the top....

I know its silly but I'm questioning myself if I should send it back?

It's not damage, it's just ugly wood... and it's location couldn't be worse.

What would you guys do??

I think it adds character, If you are not happy change it otherwise it will always bother you.
Only had to ordered a new Fender once and the guy at the shop asked me if I was happy with the one they had got in for me. So you should have a choice.

Edited by Highfox

It looks large in the context of that section of the bass but how does it look when seen on a full sized picture of the bass. I would imagine it's not as noticeable but the thing is you have seen it and can't un-see it. The question is would they take it back? it's not a flaw with the bass and a natural feature of the piece of wood chosen for the bass. Hard call that but you can ask the seller and see what they do. I think if it had the sound I really loved I would stick with it as a replacement may not sound the same.

Wood is a natural product and as such you have to accept that there's always a risk that it's going to have markings that might not be "ideal". You can certainly never be sure you'll get one with a totally bland, plain top.

Yet, if it bothers you I'd send it back, if I were you, under the distance selling regulations (Thank you EU!!) If you're hoping for one without wood grain, then get a painted one.

As for my personal taste. I'd object to the staining round the edge. The wood grain looks nice IMHO.

[quote name='anDy LAKIN' timestamp='1481385281' post='3191948']
if you are not happy with it send it back if you cant live with it and its always going to bother you
[/quote]
This^^^^^ it wouldn't bother me personally but if you felt the need to put a post about it then chances are it will always bug you.