Why become a member? ×

NPD! (or how I learned to stop shopping and love the octaver)

elephantgrey

So i went into town today to do some xmas shopping, and got home with no presents, and an EHX Pitch Fork.

I went into a local music shop for a break from wandering round shops, and asked if i can test how the nanoPOG tracked on a low B. While i was noodling with that the guy came back to show me the Pitch Fork. Tracks just as well but has a load of other features, and a lower price. The 'D' mode is a nice chorus sound, which was unexpected.

Got home and spent about an hour with the PF a delay and a bitcrusher in a feedback loop. Some great ambient glitchy sounds to be had there.

Edited by elephantgrey

• 3 weeks later...

I also chose the Pitch Fork when I finally settled on my first Octaver. It has actually turned out to be a very flexible and useful tool. One of the most unexpected is how I can use it to simulate a different tuning with just the twist of a knob.

In fact, although I recently acquired a POG-2 (my Royal Blood fanboy-ism simply would not be assuaged by anything less...), it really doesn't do what I want any more or better than the Pitch Fork. Sure, it's flexible and powerful in other ways, and I am still ecstatic to have it, but the Pitch Fork is an underrated powerhouse of a pedal, imo.

Congrats on your "non-present"! I am sure you will enjoy it. :)