Why become a member? ×

Newbie from South Wales

SteveLedZep

Hello all, I'm Steve. Played bass with my school and college mates in a covers band (Stones, Free etc.) over 40 years ago now. We split and went our separate ways, after which I bought a Fender acoustic 6 string just to keep me musically involved.

I was 60 last January and my missus and daughter bought me an Ibanez double cut 6 string electric (gorgeous guitar) for my birthday, I'm doing ok on it, but hanker after a bass.

I have an ESP LTD D5 arriving next week and I have already sourced an Ashdown MAG300 2x10 combo. I'm looking forward to getting in to bass again. Don't envisage me playing in a band again, but a work colleague plays guitar and we plan to "jam" together !!

I'm sure I'll be a frequent visitor to this forum.

Hello SteveLedZep (great name that!)
I'm also based in South Wales (Cardiff) there's quite a few of us this forum who live in this neck of the woods....
And we're all friendly types, honest :)

I too had a lengthy break from playing. Sadly, in the meantime, I didn't even pick up an acoustic guitar or anything else.
However, after a near 25 year break from bass - I started playing again, and haven't looked back. In fact, I enjoy it now more than I ever did. I have way too many basses now (and a couple of guitars etc) - I could open a small shop! But I won't, cos I love having them round the house

I play in several bands and acoustic duos, and even took up Double Bass a few years back :)
Look out for our local Bass Bash events, usually hosted by Gelfin of this parish. You can bring a bass, amp or other gear along, and have a try of other BC'ers gear, and a chat & cuppa, and generally hang around with other players - it's a ll very friendly

Cheers now, hope to see you at a BC event (or gig)
And good luck with your bass

Hi SteveLedZep - +1 to above - cool name.

I spend a fair bit of time in Cardiff with work these days and always bring my bass with me. I started from scratch about a year ago and have worked my way up to bl***y awful, passing through WTF! and aaargghhh!! on the way.

A very friendly bunch on here with a wealth of knowledge and tips they are only too happy to share, so if you have any queries or would like to post any vids of you playing then you're in the right place.

See you in the forum somewhere! :D