Why become a member? ×

Doobie Brothers - Minute by Minute

Muzz

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1481537911' post='3192961']
Love the Doobies rhythm unit, particularly on What were once Vices are now Habits album :)
[/quote]

Tiran is a monster bassist.... and a helluva nice guy. As a huge Doobie fan I've been honoured to get to know him as a personal friend, visit his house and play on his bass collection! He almost exclusively plays fretless these days and builds his own frankenstein basses.....

I LOVE his playing on all the albums - but the Tom Johnston era (particularly Vices & Stampede) is my fave. He prefers his own playing on the 'Michael McDonald' One Step Closer though....

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='cetera' timestamp='1483716395' post='3209508']
Tiran is a monster bassist.... and a helluva nice guy. As a huge Doobie fan I've been honoured to get to know him as a personal friend, visit his house and play on his bass collection! He almost exclusively plays fretless these days and builds his own frankenstein basses.....

I LOVE his playing on all the albums - but the Tom Johnston era (particularly Vices & Stampede) is my fave. He prefers his own playing on the 'Michael McDonald' One Step Closer though....
[/quote]

That's interesting that he prefers the One Step Closer stuff. :)

A chap whom I would love to chat bass with.