Why become a member? ×

Ashdown let the smoke out!!

Bassulike66

I'll cut a long story short here, why don't Ashdown reply to my emails regarding a transformer burnout on one of their amps!?!?

I have a ABM 500 EVO II which i have used for many years. However, the transformer burntout during a recent soundcheck.

I have asked them for the price of a replacement transformer. I don't want a freebie i will gladly stump up the cash if they still actually supply that particular part!!

It's like pulling teeth!!

Mild rant over...any advice on getting hold of a replacement transformer would be appreciated.

[quote name='Bassulike66' timestamp='1481546292' post='3193090']
I'll cut a long story short here, why don't Ashdown reply to my emails regarding a transformer burnout on one of their amps!?!?

I have a ABM 500 EVO II which i have used for many years. However, the transformer burntout during a recent soundcheck.

I have asked them for the price of a replacement transformer. I don't want a freebie i will gladly stump up the cash if they still actually supply that particular part!!

It's like pulling teeth!!

Mild rant over...any advice on getting hold of a replacement transformer would be appreciated.
[/quote]

Morning Bassulike,

Sorry to hear about your frustration on this. However we don't seem to have an email that matches what you are saying here. Could you let us know when you sent the email approximately and email address?(DM us if you like) or even better if you can resend the email to [email protected] then he will look after you. We have just trawled the last 7 days of emails and can't find anything that we think is you sadly. OR if you have 5 mins then feel free to call Guy directly on 01621 857853 and he will sort the replacement transformer. He is only in today and tomorrow FYI.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on. Cheers.

[quote name='Ashdown Engineering' timestamp='1481626205' post='3193755']

Morning Bassulike,

Sorry to hear about your frustration on this. However we don't seem to have an email that matches what you are saying here. Could you let us know when you sent the email approximately and email address?(DM us if you like) or even better if you can resend the email to [email protected] then he will look after you. We have just trawled the last 7 days of emails and can't find anything that we think is you sadly. OR if you have 5 mins then feel free to call Guy directly on 01621 857853 and he will sort the replacement transformer. He is only in today and tomorrow FYI.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on. Cheers.
[/quote]
Now that's pro-active - kudos to you, Ashdown.