Why become a member? ×

Hi from London (Italy originally), and GAS (of course)

Iacopo San

Hey oh,
I thought I would drop a line to introduce myself.
I'm 31, Italian but living in London now. I studied music since I was 6, clarinet first, electric bass from the age of 14, but I stopped playing altogether 7 years ago when I moved to London, UK. I had sold all my old gear except for my Fender Precision Classic '50 MIM Fiesta Red which is currently closed in a wardrobe in Italy, but I decided it's time to get back to music, at least to have some fun at home on my own, so I will bring it back to London with me at the end of the month.

I didn't even spent a couple of days on Gumtree and other second hand market websites, that I again acquired an old familiar syndrome..... GAS!!
A friend of mine suggested me to take a look at the Sire Marcus Miller V7 basses, and I immediately fell in love listening to some samples on youtube. I almost ordered one from a website but I decided to take back home my lovely P bass first and get familiar with it, and see in a couple of months. I absolutely love my Precision, but I also always wanted a Tobacco Sunburst Jazz, so I may sell my Precision to get one of those little fellas. Any idea what's the current value of a Fender Precision Classic '50 MIM, probably from the 90s or early 00s, in perfect conditions? I had a look around and I found people selling them for prices ranging from £500 to £850.

Hope to learn and re-learn lots of interesting things from here :)

Iacopo

Welcome to basschat, and welcome to the UK :)

Sadly, we all suffer from GAS - but it's not limited to bass players. I know several guitarists who also have the same problem
Some of them have it worse than many of us lol ;)

Shame your Precision is locked up in a cupboard in a different country - it's far too nice for that

Welcome, and join in - we are a friendly bunch :)

Bye for now, or as we say in Wales "Da Bo Chi"

EDIT: Not sure on the value of your P bass - might be a shame to sell it anyway
Or possibly, you might be able to trade it for a Jazz on here - plenty of sunbust Jazz basses around
and there's always someone on the lookout for a good P bass

Edited by Marc S