Why become a member? ×

Playing with Shirley Bassey on TV!

TheG

If anyone is stuck for what to watch on TV this Christmas you could always watch me! Ive just been down to London to record a TV program - "David Walliams Celebrates Dame Shirley Bassey" which will be broadcast on Christmas Eve BBC1 at 9pm.

We play about 6 or 7 numbers with a 26 piece band. Im at the back on double and electric bass. Ive got no idea whether the camera will pass by me or not but if it does my Mum will be very pleased!

Ive just put up a new website as well if anyone is interested. www.mikegreenbass.com

Well done Mike, I have seen you play around Birmingham for many years, I think the last time was in the Arcadian when you were backing Roy Forbes with Edgar Marcias on keys the Brum Jazz festival. I recall you came to one of my gigs at the Symphony hall Rush hour Blues sessions about 4 years back. :-)

Thanks guys. Yeah it was cool getting the call. She's going to be 80 in January and I think she became famous at 19 so she's been doing it for 60 years! Amazing!

Hey jazzyvee if you see me on a gig again come and say Hi. I had the recent Midlands Bass Bash in my diary for ages but turned out i couldn't go in the end so I'll have to wait for the next one.