Why become a member? ×

Tc electronic / Spectracomp users - Help please

A.G.E.N.T.E.

I just received a B-stock TC Electronic spectracomp from Thomann.
The thing is, the knob/pot feels very cheap and turns positition with very subtle touch. I compared it to my ditto looper, and the ditto feels way better, and stays in place.and you have to use the right amout of pressure to turn the knob.

Anyone had this same experience? I`m i beeing picky? Even chepest pedal,( harley benton ultimate drive) knobs feel better tham this one. <_<
Should i retur it?

Thanks in advance

Edited by A.G.E.N.T.E.

Just checked mine. There is the standard amount of resistance in turning the knob that you would expect from any other quality pedal, the same as my other TC pedals. Have you removed the knob to see if the splines inside it are broken?

Edited by Muppet

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1481845314' post='3195732']
Just checked mine. There is the standard amount of resistance in turning the knob that you would expect from any other quality pedal, the same as my other TC pedals. Have you removed the knob to see if the splines inside it are broken?
[/quote]
I haven`t removed the knob. I tried it but it didn´t came out so i gave up. i was afraid to damage the pot. I belive it´s the issue is with the pot and not the knob itself.

[quote name='A.G.E.N.T.E.' timestamp='1481847603' post='3195753']
I haven`t removed the knob. I tried it but it didn´t came out so i gave up. i was afraid to damage the pot. I belive it´s the issue is with the pot and not the knob itself.
[/quote]

Probably best to return it then for a replacement, if it's the pot. It certainly doesn't sound like normal behaviour.

edit: I just saw that this was B stock - this could be why?

Edited by Muppet

I've got 2 of them - one bought 'B' stock from Thomann same as you. One bought s/h on here. Both have the same knob resistance.

I agree there's not a huge amount of resistance when turning the knob, but as it's only a single knob on there it's easy to remember where it should be set, so I don't worry too much about it staying put in transit (it does move when it's in the pedaltrain soft case).

As others have said, if you're not happy, you should return.