Why become a member? ×

NBD Peavey Foundation action

bassmachine2112

Hiho I have another Foundation to go with my 84 sunburst.It,s a 92 with super ferrites ,black n maple.
[attachment=234089:foundations.jpg]

The neck feels a little bit thicker than the 84 but not by much.You got to love the black n maple.
Very pleased,it,s got the snarl of the 84 but the maple body maybe gives it an edge.It might be the strings right enough.I was glad that the 92 sounds very similar as I love the sound.

That's my old bass; it's not a '92. The neck is from around that time but the body was knackered so I bought the body, wiring and bridge from the states. The body is one of the earliest ones; the solid shaft pots mean it would have had the T-40-style pots which only appeared on the very first ones around '83 or so. It's also a different body shape to the later models.

HihoThanks for that.,The body is identical to my 84 apart from the colour as you say,the neck has a 92 serial and feels fatter a bit more a D shape than a C.
Any idea what the body wood is.
I,ve gigged this one a few times already and it plays like a good yin,got that ferrite snarl like my other one-happy days.
Did you like playing it.

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1482929053' post='3203558']
HihoThanks for that.,The body is identical to my 84 apart from the colour as you say,the neck has a 92 serial and feels fatter a bit more a D shape than a C.
Any idea what the body wood is.
I,ve gigged this one a few times already and it plays like a good yin,got that ferrite snarl like my other one-happy days.
Did you like playing it.
[/quote]

No idea what the body wood is, I've heard a few different claims including maple, ash and poplar. I preferred the older body as it was heavier than the one the neck was originally attached to. The bass in it's original state was prone to neck dive as the body was so light. It balances well enough now from what I remember.

I didn't really play it much as the neck is too slim for my tastes. I spent ages putting it all together only to get a P Bass in the meantime that I favour over everything else. I had bought the Foundation as my very first bass was a Foundation in red so it was bought out of nostalgia. I did like the sound however, the super ferrites are great.