Why become a member? ×

Back and loving it

bedfordborn

Hi all, I gave up playing in 1979, which seems a lifetime away (it nearly is). Used a 4001 stereo with a Kustom Chanute Kansas 250 and 2x15 Electro-voice cab, playing mid 60's to early 70's white blues and progressive rock. Picked up a bass for the first time since then 3 months ago at my son in laws place. We had been out for a few beers and came back and I suggested we have a jam. He handed me a Fender Jazz which was gorgeous and a dream to play. He hooked up a Les Paul and off we go straight into "You Shook Me". Fantastic! Feels like I've never been away and I'm loving it. Got myself a second hand EB3 and a Fender practice amp, but I'm already looking for something to shake the floor a little. I'm a granddad now and my finger dexterity isn't what it was, but what the hell, I'm in heaven. Thanks for listening.

Welcome back to the low end !

I had a twenty year break and am loving playing again. Back then I had crap gear, now I have three Fenders,an SX and a Takamine acoustic. All I need is a Sub, a Ricky and a Hofner Beatle bass

But the biggest difference between gear then and now, are those light D class micro amps that pump out triple the watts of my old beasts lol