Why become a member? ×

*************SOLD*********1976 Fender Jazz - £890
£1100

Kohpnyn

Price or Trade Value - £890

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Fender Jazz Bass from 1976, judging by the serial numbers and pots.
Quite a thick neck for a jazz, but very nicely worn in and plays like a dream.
Have to warn that it weighs a LOT (5.5kg)
Lovely creamy vintage microphonic pickups.
Everything except pickup covers and pickguard is original.
The original neck was broken and repaired in the 80s. The repair is very very solid.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Comes with a hard case and non-original pickup covers.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I had this up for sale in August but withdrew it. Unfortunately I'm now at the point where I can't really justify owning anything of it's value.
Thanks for looking, feel free to message with any queries.
I got it off cd_david on Basschat.
Asking for: [s]£950 firm[/s] £890 for a limited time as I need cash fast![/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ps: managed to get a bit of info from a previous owner: "I bought the bass when I was 18 from Backline Music in Whitley Bay. It had a replacement neck on as the original neck had the headstock break. This was included in the sale so I had it repaired.!the bass was originally Lake Placid Blue but had stars and rainbows carved into it so I had it refinished by Dave Wilson in black but with a yellowed lacquer to age it, hence the green tinge you get in light.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The neck joint is so solid. It was dowelled and a gusset was routed into the front of the break, then a veneer placed over the film face of the headstock and then a thicker 3mm I think veneer glued over the back. It's super strong and both the finish and repair are now 28 years old.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass itself didn't have a pickguard or covers when I got it but I bought some of those in the last few years I owned it.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Stupidly I sold it in 2015 to a guy down south on basschat. So I don't think it was me that pit flats on it as I don't use then and it had rounds on all its life with me.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I used to think it was a 75 although the serial number states it's a 76 and the pots are the same, however the serial number is on the neck plate which they changed to the headstock early 76. I remember chatting to someone that explained to me years ago that it was probably made at the end of the year of 75 and beginning of 76 hence the mixed info.[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hope you get a sale as the bass is gorgeous and needs a home and to be played W"[/font][/color]

Edited by MB1

[quote name='Bassman666' timestamp='1483194359' post='3205350']
I have a 78 in the exact same colour scheme and mine is also a tank, however it has an unbelievable tone and the slightly deeper neck is very comfy. Have a free bump!
[/quote]

Thanks!
New year, new bump

• 2 weeks later...

Many moons ago, I owned a Mexican J, which was very nice.

One day, cd_david lent this bass to me to try at a rehearsal (just for fun, 'cos I had no money). It was a genuine 'light bulb' moment - it sounded so bloody good... just full of life.

I remember it like it was yesterday - I never looked at my Mexican J in the same way again.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1485112435' post='3221214']
Many moons ago, I owned a Mexican J, which was very nice.

One day, cd_david lent this bass to me to try at a rehearsal (just for fun, 'cos I had no money). It was a genuine 'light bulb' moment - it sounded so bloody good... just full of life.

I remember it like it was yesterday - I never looked at my Mexican J in the same way again.
[/quote]

Thankyou for the kind words!
Bump

• 2 weeks later...