Why become a member? ×

Evah Pirazzi Wiech full set - almost new -- Sold --
£100

artisan

I odered these new from "the string zone" on 16th October & fitted them to my bass the following week,took them off last Monday,so they were only on my bass for six weeks or so.
They are in excellent condition as I have always wiped them over after every play & haven't trimmed them down or anything silly.
They come in the original packets they came to me in,4 separate paper bags but no outer sleeve.

I thought I'd try to get a little more "jazzy" but that didn't work out for me,so it's back on with my Golden Slaps.

SOLD
cheers

Edited by artisan

Hi Artisan, can you characterise the difference in tone, tension and general playability between the Golden Slaps and Weichs? Are they entirely different animals? I have Golden Slaps on at the moment and curious about pros and cons of the Weichs in comparison. Thanks

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1482051728' post='3197136']
Hi Artisan, can you characterise the difference in tone, tension and general playability between the Golden Slaps and Weichs? Are they entirely different animals? I have Golden Slaps on at the moment and curious about pros and cons of the Weichs in comparison. Thanks
[/quote]
hi,they are totally different to the slaps,they are a fair bit higher tension although very easy to play having a beautiful smooth finish.
sound wise i fine the slaps give a great punch but that's about it (although that fits my bands sound) where as the evahs are much more musical & richer sounding with loads more sustain,perfect for pizz but not really my ideal slap string.Having said that i didn't slap the evahs hard at all just pizz with a palm slap.
if you are just playing old school rockabiily/country the slaps are ideal but i would say the evah's are much better for jazz or general pizz.

looks like i've sold these now but i hope the info' helps.