Why become a member? ×

Never mind GAS, I've got GIS

Dan Dare

Anyone else constantly chop and change their preferences for what sounds best? Over the last few years, I've been fortunate in that I have been able to afford, within reason, to buy whatever gear I like. Having tried, bought and sold a fair bit of stuff, I currently have a choice of several nice rigs. The problem is, one day I like one thing and the next another. Would really like to settle on something and offload the rest - my home is getting cluttered with black boxes of various sizes. However, I know if I sell something, I'll wish I hadn't and be wanting it back again. Guess it's Gear Indecision Syndrome. Any fellow sufferers?

Hello mate,

Maybe I am about the same with you, but part of it with me is I only started playing about 2-3 years ago so I am on a quick curve with gear as I am a working man and have a bit more income compared to starting as a teenager.
Nowadays gear is easy to shift and pick up with here, Talkbass, gumtree, eBay etc. so it happens more than it used to.

I lucked out early in my guitar search, took a punt and realised I like G&L basses so am fairly set, although I do have a minor I ch for a Ray, and pedals amps etc. Well it's a journey to get what your ears like.

I would only call it GIS if you keep selling and re-buying the same equipment, if you buy and move it on its GES - Gear Experimenting Syndrome