Why become a member? ×

Headphones. Silent rehearsals.

itsmedunc

Can anyone recommend some budget closed headphones for silent rehearsals? A couple of members will not use in ear. Weird ear canals apparently, although I suspect they are scared of the technology!

I should imagine they would stretch to £50 each if shamed. Cheaper would be better though.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by itsmedunc

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1482104741' post='3197731']
Can anyone recommend some budget closed headphones for silent rehearsals? A couple of members will not use in ear. Weird ear canals apparently, although I suspect they are scared of the technology!

I should imagine they would stretch to £50 each if shamed. Cheaper would be better though.

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

No idea, but can you share the rest of your set-up for silent rehearsing?

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1483692720' post='3209250']

No idea, but can you share the rest of your set-up for silent rehearsing?
[/quote]

Just got a Jamhub Bedroom but before that we used a Behringer X18 desk using the monitor outs going headphone amps then to wireless in ears or straight to headphones. The Jamhub is far easier, smaller and far less expensive. Both setups gives every member their own mix.

Using a behringer BD121 on bass, Line 6 Amplifi 75 emulator on guitar from headphone out and a Yamaha DTX500 electronic kit. Still working on the lead guitarists setup. He is a traditionalist...

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1483698767' post='3209313']
Just got a Jamhub Bedroom but before that we used a Behringer X18 desk using the monitor outs going headphone amps then to wireless in ears or straight to headphones. The Jamhub is far easier, smaller and far less expensive. Both setups gives every member their own mix.

Using a behringer BD121 on bass, Line 6 Amplifi 75 emulator on guitar from headphone out and a Yamaha DTX500 electronic kit. Still working on the lead guitarists setup. He is a traditionalist...
[/quote]

They can be! How does the drummer fit in?

(thanks for that btw)

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1483702758' post='3209347']

They can be! How does the drummer fit in?

(thanks for that btw)
[/quote]

The drummer loves the Yamaha kit. He's more than happy to use it. He's been carrying his kit around to rehearsals for over 30 years and just can't believe how easy it is now. It sounds great too. By chance there's a vintage kit on the Yammy and it sounds eerily like his acoustic kit!

I'm sure he would want to use it live but doesn't like the look of them onstage. I have to agree but wouldn't rule out using it live if the occasion arose.

Edited by itsmedunc

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1482105291' post='3197735']
I use Senheiser HD201's.....very decent price and good headphones.
[/quote]

Well, the 201's sound great! Just got them and had a play about. A lot better than I would have expected from a £17 pair of phones. I was more attracted them them over the 202's as I believe these have a longer cord.

Thanks lads!

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1483718981' post='3209552']

Well, the 201's sound great! Just got them and had a play about. A lot better than I would have expected from a £17 pair of phones. I was more attracted them them over the 202's as I believe these have a longer cord.

Thanks lads!
[/quote]

Cool, glad they do the trick :)

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1483727841' post='3209691']

Cool, glad they do the trick :)
[/quote]

They more than did the trick thanks! We rehearsed last night. 3 of us used them and they sounded great. Even got our "traditionalist" guitarist on board! He came in looking like Mr Grumpy as he had no loud valves and left a very happy man! Would happily recommend them to anyone.

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1484340596' post='3214888']

They more than did the trick thanks! We rehearsed last night. 3 of us used them and they sounded great. Even got our "traditionalist" guitarist on board! He came in looking like Mr Grumpy as he had no loud valves and left a very happy man! Would happily recommend them to anyone.
[/quote]

My work here is done.....;) :)