Why become a member? ×

Whoops. Gas/Silliness...UPDATE/REFUND

AndyTravis

After a few sherbets last night, spotted something on Reverb.com.

An Early 80's Aria SB-600 in Padouk Red.

Having just bought an SB-1000, you think I'd be all sorted for 80's Matsumoku loveliness.

Me too. But red wine had other ideas.

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/aria-pro-ii-sb-600-padouk-red-pre-owned-circa-1981-ec

Oh well, looks good, and while I'm waiting for the SB-1000 to come back to life (pickup issue) this will tide me over.

Coming from guitar village in Surrey.

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1482151319' post='3198001']
After a few sherbets last night, spotted something on Reverb.com.

An Early 80's Aria SB-600 in Padouk Red.

Having just bought an SB-1000, you think I'd be all sorted for 80's Matsumoku loveliness.

Me too. But red wine had other ideas.

[url="https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/aria-pro-ii-sb-600-padouk-red-pre-owned-circa-1981-ec"]https://guitarvillag...d-circa-1981-ec[/url]

Oh well, looks good, and while I'm waiting for the SB-1000 to come back to life (pickup issue) this will tide me over.

Coming from guitar village in Surrey.
[/quote]

Were you after the Elite in the 'wanted' section? Because I was just about to drop you a line...

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1482425405' post='3200508']
Well, bad news...

The pickup doesn't work. They can't/won't sort it.

So I'm getting a refund.

Hoping the sb700 for sale on here is still available
[/quote]

What a pain! You'd have thought the shop would give it a once over before sending it wouldn't you...

What really hacks me off is that they've obviously taken it in p/x, and taken some wonderful photos of the bass.

I paid and then they phoned to say it was going for a once over (not with their advertised 'in house' luthier) and 4 days later they say "we can't get it working, the replacement pickups are expensive and hard to find - do you want a refund?".

Just seems really lax, I should've known better when they'd listed it as the wrong model...

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1482431260' post='3200577']
What really hacks me off is that they've obviously taken it in p/x, and taken some wonderful photos of the bass.

I paid and then they phoned to say it was going for a once over (not with their advertised 'in house' luthier) and 4 days later they say "we can't get it working, the replacement pickups are expensive and hard to find - do you want a refund?".

Just seems really lax, I should've known better when they'd listed it as the wrong model...
[/quote]

I bet they found out it was a better model or someone maybe the in house luthier taken a fancy to it and are talking bs! I would be peed off tbh.
Because who takes in an instrument and doesn't test it. I mean even cash converters etc plug an instrument in. So I doubt they did not and it suddenly stopped working.

Edited by Twincam

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1482431260' post='3200577']

[/quote]

More porkies. Aaron Armstrong does a drop in replacement for Aria pickups.

A direct quote

"What we are getting at is that we can’t pay out to have the pickup repaired and do you the hot deal on the price as well. The boss would prefer to just do a refund and put it back up for sale."

Great customer service.

The boss would rather give you your money back than actually sell you anything...

that's a shame, and I'm a little surprised as I go to Guitar Village quite a lot and have never had any problems with them. But only for guitars - they are basically a shop for guitarists, not bass players, and make only a token effort for bass - they have more Les Pauls in stock than they have basses.

It would certainly explain them misidentifying the model (my guess is that whoever sold/px'd it told them the model and they didn't question it) and not knowing about the replacement pup market. Though I'd be very surprised if they had listed it without checking that it worked first - my (possibly charitable) guess is that it's packed up since then. Better for them to find out now than for you to get it and have it stop working after a few days.