Why become a member? ×

Darkglass B3K / Vintage clone kits

dannybuoy

Yes, although I had assistance from someone with the artwork. There is a guy who runs a site called paisley power who does paisley artwork, and the background with the rats is one of his designs. He sent me the master design for it as I want to put it on a bass, so I used that as a base, did the writing on it, the. Sprayed the case (about 10 times!) and did a water slide for the black.
Just wanted to get experience painting before I did a bass.

Considering I have no talent doing that I think it came out well

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1490608247' post='3266288']
Yes, although I had assistance from someone with the artwork. There is a guy who runs a site called paisley power who does paisley artwork, and the background with the rats is one of his designs. He sent me the master design for it as I want to put it on a bass, so I used that as a base, did the writing on it, the. Sprayed the case (about 10 times!) and did a water slide for the black.
Just wanted to get experience painting before I did a bass.

Considering I have no talent doing that I think it came out well
[/quote]

Yeah really cool, will have to check him out for my Guma Drive artwork perhaps :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1490608840' post='3266294']
Yeah really cool, will have to check him out for my Guma Drive artwork perhaps :)
[/quote]

The background image is his. I took the SVG on the website for the guma drive, changed the fonts and a bit of the layout and just used the image as a background, moving it round to get bits in the right place. Inkscape is quite good for that. Then printed onto waterslide. Took a few goes to work out the right way to do it, but still came out pretty well I think.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1490642043' post='3266741']
The background image is his. I took the SVG on the website for the guma drive, changed the fonts and a bit of the layout and just used the image as a background, moving it round to get bits in the right place. Inkscape is quite good for that. Then printed onto waterslide. Took a few goes to work out the right way to do it, but still came out pretty well I think.
[/quote]

How's the noise on your pedal? I've been seriously thinking about ordering the B3K clone for me as my B3K doesn't like to fed by the PSU and hisses a awfull lot. I'd rather build a quieter clone to use a separate PSU just for one pedal.

Its one of the few things that I don't have issues with. Now I have got a cheap chinese knock off power supply, and have put the Zoom B3 and the wireless on their own high power channels, it is pretty quiet, I had noise before.
There is obviously a little bit of background hiss at high gain levels because it is a high gain device, but nothing beyond what you would expect for any distortion pedal. Certainly no power supply noise.