Why become a member? ×

Jazz Bass Loom

Bass Fumbler

I have a Squier Vintage Modified 77 Jazz Bass which has a bit of a thin sound compared with my Mexican Jazz.
I have seen this loom on Ebay, which look interesting.

[size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][font="Arial"][size="4"]Have you ever wondered whether you can get more out of your single coil pickups on your bass guitar. This modification, which was inspired by the Seymour Duncan schematic shown above allows you to select:[/size][/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][font="Arial"][size="4"]Solo Bridge pickup[/size][/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][font="Arial"][size="4"]Bridge and Neck pickups (standard parallel wiring) slightly scooped sounding[/size][/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][font="Arial"][size="4"]Solo Neck pickup[/size][/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][font="Arial"][size="4"]but also[/size][/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][font="Arial"][size="4"]Bridge and Neck pickups (series wiring) this position turns both pickups into one massive Humbucker. Result: increased output with a boost in mid range taking away the sharpness in treble. Please note in Series mode (where the knob is pulled out) ooer Missus... it then acts as main volume. [/size][/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][font="Arial"][size="4"]You can even choose from standard or alternative model Varitone switches. Otherwise a standard Varitone switch will be fitted...[/size][/font][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial] [/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial]Has anyone fitted o[size="4"]ne of these and did it make a difference, or would I be better off investing in new pick ups.[/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"][font=Arial][size="4"]At the mo[size="4"]ment I don[size="4"]'t use this bass but if I could improv[size="4"]e on the sound I probably wo[size="4"]uld, as the neck is fantastic.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]

[quote name='Bass Fumbler' timestamp='1482237501' post='3198680']
I know what you mean about ebay but I found it by accident.
Would this circuit be one you would be able to provide Kiogon and would it give the bass more oomph, for want of a better term?
Also, what would the cost be.
Thanks
[/quote]
Dear Sir, can I please suggest you take a look at the original post and tell us if you can actually see what's happening in the circuit?

If its a relatively standard Jazz circuit then our KiOgon could do it blind-folded with both hands behind his back.
If it's a more complicated one, he might need the lights on, but I'm sure it's do-able.

Edit: And it would work! John wouldn't sell you anything that's suspect.

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1482251785' post='3198904']
Dear Sir, can I please suggest you take a look at the original post and tell us if you can actually see what's happening in the circuit?

If its a relatively standard Jazz circuit then our KiOgon could do it blind-folded with both hands behind his back.
If it's a more complicated one, he might need the lights on, but I'm sure it's do-able.

Edit: And it would work! John wouldn't sell you anything that's suspect.
[/quote] :) :happy: