Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Mørch Fretless 4 ***SOLD***
£1500

Mikkel-S

Up for grabs is my old custom Mørch fretless built by master luthier Johnny Mørch in Denmark.

It is by far [i]the [/i]best fretless I have ever played.. And I have owned Celinders, Pedullas, F-Basses etc..

This bass was build as a refinement of the classic Fender J recipe. Light and resonant alder body, rock solid maple neck, passive electronics with a larger control cavity in case you want to put in active electronics or piezo. We settled on a gorgeous piece of old growth Elm for fingerboard and ramp. The board is coated and has a beautiful sustain.
The single dual coil pickup in Ebony housing delivers a warm and blossoming tone and located right in the 60's J sweet spot. I chose one pickup as i seem to prefer that when playing fretless. So keeping it simple.
The body has been finished in a thin layer of nitro and is now crackling up. I was told that was normal by Johnny. I guess thats up to personal taste if that look works for you. You dont notice it until youre up close.
The bass also have a chip in the fingerboard coating - it doesn't interfere in playability its purely cosmetic and I believe an easy fix.

Only selling as I need to thin out a little bit (gonna be a dad in spring!) and i need a fretted working horse - so trades are welcomed. Traditional Fender J and P's .. Or other high end stuff. Or or or.. Maybe a nice hollowbody.

Trade value 1500£ or cash 1200£ shipped in EU.

Located in Denmark.

Edited by Mikkel-S

Thought I'd be in trouble opening this thread. You've had a few M[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ø[/font][/color]rch basses - care to share some pics? I've always admired them, having come very close to buying one many years ago in the Bassworld.co.uk days

Cheers

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1482239041' post='3198709']
Thought I'd be in trouble opening this thread. You've had a few M[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ø[/font][/color]rch basses - care to share some pics? I've always admired them, having come very close to buying one many years ago in the Bassworld.co.uk days

Cheers
[/quote]

Me too...some 5 fretless ..keep coming back !! So classy !!

Yeah I had the pleasure of working closely together with mr. Mørch on a few very special builds throughout the last 12 years if i remember correctly. I must say that this bass is also an opportunity to owning one of his basses! He has "retired" and is now only building instruments because he can't let it go. Not really taking orders. Only servicing his old builds.

Funny thing about all the different Mørch's i have owned.. Alot of them I do not have pictures of! It was just before that time with camera phones or good digital cameras.. All my pictures are analog! :D

Got some pics of my old Mørch basses...

Just did two one shot recordings.. just noodling. GK 150 combo DI to Focusrite Scarlett interface.. Just added a tiny amount of delay.. Other wise clean!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjhhrc72wcl7y5z/M%C3%B8rch%20fretless%20test%202.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4iax83ynwu9ysp/M%C3%B8rch%20fretless%20test.mp3?dl=0

[quote name='Mikkel-S' timestamp='1483717726' post='3209541']
You should hear it "in real".. its unbelievable. Sadly i dont play so much fretless these days and with a baby coming up i need to prioritise the fretted bass.

Oh, and i am open to trades ;) Or a good cash offer :)
[/quote]
I would happily get it just to look at it as I have never even touched a fretless - I wouldn't know what to do. Unfortunately, financial situation isn't allowing me to do that.
[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1483721391' post='3209586']
Beautiful sounding bass, but fabulous playing too!

GLWTS
[/quote]
That is true!

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1483791444' post='3210122']
Sorry to de-rail thread, but where did you get that awesome white lamp in the background of a couple of your pictures?
[/quote]

No need to be sorry!.. Thanks for the bump!

Its a danish design classic made by Verner Panton in 71'. Its called "Panthella".