Why become a member? ×

Bass Amp Shootout (Trickfish, Eich, Aguilar, TC)

BoomBass

Since I now have access to a lot of different bass amps (and at the same time), I figured a bass comparison test might be fun. For starters, I have included the following amps:

- Trickfish Bullhead 1K
- Eich T-900 (also covers T-500 and T-300)
- Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 (also covers TH350)
- TC Electronic RH750 (also covers RH450)

Only the preamp section and DI out is on test, but the shootout has been created so more amps can easily be added along the way - and that is the plan at some point :-)

Well, drop by and listen if you're curious to hear how these bass heads actually compare:

[b][url="https://goo.gl/BLh61K"][font="Open Sans, sans-serif"][color="#333333"]The BassCollect Bass Amp Shootout[/color][/font][/url][/b]

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1482361991' post='3199995']
Btw I hear the RH450 sounds way darker than the RH750 and therefore don't have exactly the same preamp.

Slightly overdriven sound clips would be a welcome addition too!
[/quote]

Dang! that's right. Now that you mention it, I should definitely have remembered that. Will change accordigly. Thanks for notifying and letting me know :-)

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1482411709' post='3200282']
I know there are plenty to do, but I think adding In a Tecamp Puma would really be helpful as essentially it would allow people to accurately compare the EICH being the same inventor.

Cheers
[/quote]

Yes. That would be an obvious and interesting comparison to make. Don't know if I can get my hands on one, but if I do, I will definitely add it to the shootout :-)

• 1 month later...

Hello all. Just a quick update on the amp shootout. I have added the Eich T-1000 as it is voiced differently from the other 'T' amps from Eich. The center frequency for the bass is 70 Hz rather than 30 Hz, and the treble center frequency is centered at 5 kHz rather than 8 kHz. And to my ears at least, this does make a difference.

The reason why the center frequencies are different, I guess, is that the T-1000 also has Lo-Boost and Hi-Boost push knobs that will add a bump at 30 Hz and 10 kHz respectively. These knobs are not engaged in the shootout, though.

Please feel free to check out and compare al of the amps here:

[b][url="https://goo.gl/BLh61K"][color=#333333]The BassCollect Bass Amp Shootout[/color][/url][/b]