Why become a member? ×

Fender reducing their Squire range?

tommorichards

I tried to get on the old site (http://www.squierguitars.com/), but then as soon as i get to the page, it redirects me to this one (http://shop.fender.com/en-GB/squier-products/) which has fewer products than the original page.

I remember reading a while ago that fender were planning on reducing their range, is this finally happenning?

Ah, I meant the first page but yes, if I click that I go to the fender shop. But then at the top of that within the bass section there is a Squier section and they all seem to be there, but by model rather than group (ie, you can click squier in the precision bass section for example)

Seems so, I've noticed at least in the guitar range recently that two of the best classic vibe Strat's they make have been discontinued, also noticed a few of the best basses they do (again classic vibe series) have been removed from the Fender / Squier site. To be honest I can see why, to me at least they're better than most mexican Fenders I've played and on par with any American I've played (playability wise) so maybe Fender feel that they are a threat to their "higher" end products? Didn't they feel that way about the 80's Japanese Squiers that now sell for ridiculous money?
It's a bit annoying, I love Squiers a lot, so I was hoping Fender would expand their range instead of removing a lot of it.

Yes, its a bit messed up at the moment, if you do a search on the fender site for Classic Vibe you just get the 70s P bass. However, if you click on basses, then click on squier, you get a lot of squier basses, but not the classic vibe.
All a bit messed up. Maybe they are in the middle of changing it.