Why become a member? ×

BACH BASSES

Grahambythesea

BaCH has a small shop in Hodonin, Czech Republic.
The wood work of all their instruments is done there.
Except for the the [b]bodies[/b] of the semi acoustic guitars and basses, which I think come from South Korea. These are joined to a Czech made neck in Hodonin. And then finished etc.

The hardware comes from South Korea as well. And so do most of the pickups, which are from the Artec company.

Because their workshop is so small, they only make a small series of each instrument. About 25 is the max.
Which is the reason why some of their instruments seem to be sold out forever.

Working with them has been a nice experience. Sometimes a bit frustrating because of the language barrier. A lot goes lost in translation...
But they're nice folks and they know how to build a good instrument.
Just to remind you; the best violins were always built in Prague. They do have a long tradition of building stringed instruments.

[quote name='Basvarken' timestamp='1487436489' post='3239816']
BaCH has a small shop in Hodonin, Czech Republic.
The wood work of all their instruments is done there.
Except for the the [b]bodies[/b] of the semi acoustic guitars and basses, which I think come from South Korea. These are joined to a Czech made neck in Hodonin. And then finished etc.

The hardware comes from South Korea as well. And so do most of the pickups, which are from the Artec company.

Because their workshop is so small, they only make a small series of each instrument. About 25 is the max.
Which is the reason why some of their instruments seem to be sold out forever.

Working with them has been a nice experience. Sometimes a bit frustrating because of the language barrier. A lot goes lost in translation...
But they're nice folks and they know how to build a good instrument.
Just to remind you; the best violins were always built in Prague. They do have a long tradition of building stringed instruments.
[/quote]

I thought the best violins were made in Cremona ?

[quote name='Grahambythesea' timestamp='1487797965' post='3243090']
These BaCH basses are beginning to become a family thing. My brother, another bass player, has ordered the five string in the style of a 51 precision in black and white.
[/quote]
Quite tempted by one of these too. I await the details once it's landed. Hope it's a good un!

Edited by Dazed