Why become a member? ×

2017 GAS

NancyJohnson

2017 looks like it's going to be fairly GAS free :o Not surprised 2016 was a helluva year for it :D

The one omission in my Peavey collection should be filled by Feb. The 32 year hunt for the fretless Bass Maniac ended and I finally bought a DB.
Not much left for 2017 though I've always fancied a Vigier so never say never.

[quote name='anzoid' timestamp='1482605239' post='3201859']
Would love a fretless Precision - but one with a maple fingerboard... Bitsa or a real Fender would do the job.
[/quote]

Wishing you a merry GASmas! 😉

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/288789-197778-fretless-fender-precision-bass-now-l1000/

I've got an expensive year coming up so I'd like to avoid GAS2017. I'll take my OneTen to the gig tomorrow and hope that it will do all I need. Otherwise a new BF Super Midget is in prospect. On the bright side it'll help in reducing an embarrassing profit in my year's accounts.

So far my GAS has been strictly Guitar Acquisition Syndrome (and 2016 got away from me a bit with 6 :) ). But I have a nasty feeling 2017 might require a new amp. Especially with the North West Bass Bash coming up - I'll be very surprised if I come away from that without a shopping list.

Guest Jecklin

As with 2016, 2015, 2014 and 2013 the only thing I gas for is a fretless musicman stingray 4.

However I don't really need it, which is why it just remains on the wish list.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1482909646' post='3203401']
I've had money from a bass sale sitting in my PayPal account for over a month but no GAS! It's going to go on a new bike frame
[/quote]

You can always splash for some nice strings later and tension them across your crossbar I suppose...

Guest Jecklin

Practicing setting up and breaking down my new gig equipment layout as a way to cure a hangover (?!)

A GAS inducing exercise.
I'm now craving a Phil Jones Bass quantum400 to sit alongside my double4

Actually GAS free at the moment, my current rig of Yamaha Attitude Ltd 2, EBS Sheehan drive pedal, GK MB Fusion and Barefaced Big Twin 2 is finally giving me the tone i've had in my head for what seems like years! I've also got my MM Bongo 4HS and Sire V7 to fall back on if I want to mix it up a bit. Maybe this will be the year I pull my finger out and actually kit myself out with some home recording kit!!

Edited by ern500evo