Why become a member? ×

2017 GAS

NancyJohnson

[quote name='SICbass' timestamp='1482698892' post='3202266']
Wishing you a merry GASmas!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/288789-197778-fretless-fender-precision-bass-now-l1000/"]http://basschat.co.u...bass-now-l1000/[/url]
[/quote]
Yeah, saw that one and had to wipe the drool off the laptop screen. Bit out of my price range at the moment though, that and I just bought a Sandberg fretless jazz type thing and a Squier CV jazz... so, no money left :D

I know it's hopelessly extravagant, but I might change the strings on my white US Precision this year. Only if I start playing it again, though. It was my main gigging bass but has been case bound since I got my pair of black n maple Ps, both of which have had new strings recently.

More likely to end this year with fewer basses than more (I hope!).

Bass wise i fancy a Fender Elite PJ type bass.
Amp wise i have a strong notion for either Orange AD200b or OB-1 500 with Orange 4x10 cab. Still not sure how the amps will compare. Played the AD200b amp thru a Hartke 8x10 cab few months ago and it was absolutely on the spot for me sound wise. Depth and clarity and so easy to use.
Will ponder on it for a while yet.

Dave

My chain is '64 Precision to an Aguilar 500 to a Barefaced Super Compact.

It is literally all I need. I bought a 66 Precision because my GAS demanded a Sonic Blue bass. It's now for sale.

You know the saying: "When a man is tired of London he is tired of life", this could be re-written as:

"When a man has no GAS he is tired of playing." I hope this isn't true of me!

Davo

I was Gas Free until our last practice, when the use of distortion/overdrive was encouraged. The OD and Fuzz pedals I have aren't up to it alas and I now have EBS Gas. On the flipsisde I'm considering looking for a trade on my 2016 USA Fretless Jazz - probably another fretless, probably another Musicman. Will this never stop?

No major GAS for now :)

The only thing I'm really interested in is the new Spector Timbre acoustic bass ([url="http://www.spectorbass.com/Timbre"]http://www.spectorbass.com/Timbre)[/url]

Other than that - I wouldn't mind a used USA ultraviolet qulted maple (dark purple) Spector NS2 if one came up for an affordable price.... ;)

• 11 months later...
On 24/12/2016 at 10:33, NancyJohnson said:

I'll have to admit to being fairly GAS-free at the moment; I really couldn't be happier with my set up, but hey, in a few days it'll be 2017, so let's see.

#1 - I've promised myself that each time I change strings, they'll be to Elixir Nanowebs.
#2 - A series one Hamer Cruise Bass this side of the pond (anyone?); they come up on eBay periodically, but to import, I can't justify the expense.
#3 - If I can shift my Hartke stuff, a Barefaced Super Twin or Big Twin II.

[Edit]
#4 - At my wife's suggestion, an EUB.

Well, seeing as how nearly a year has passed.

Only really achieved #1 off that list.  Mind you, a lot of gear has come, gone and is anticipated before the new year bells toll.

Johnny Roadhouse had my dream MarkBass rig in the window for a while. But second-hand at not much less than list price, and I can't justify spending that much money or having that much output power for anyplace I'm likely to play any time soon. Settled on upgrading my Peavey 15 to a Peavey 110. That will do for now :-)

Relatively GAS free at the moment, I say that as you never know what may happen, but the last thing I was GASsing for was the Helix, and I got that last weekend.

Happy with my Basses at the moment, but there is other stuff around (pedals etc) that I need to be selling off now....