Why become a member? ×

Herrick 8 Coil MM Pickup

deksawyer

Just received an 8 coil MM pickup from Martin Herrick, and first off all would like to thank him for such swift service considering the time of year.

Pickup looks great and feels like proper high end quality - I've fitted a lot of pickups in my time and this seems to be on par with the best. I'll get round to fitting it sometime after Christmas.

Because the pickup is way deeper than a OEM MM pickup, I'll have to route the cavity a bit to make it all fit, but I knew this in advance before ordering. This was originally intended for a mates bass but he's just told be he's not too keen on having his MM routed out, so I'll either convince him or handily fit it to one of mine....

Will be back with more pics and my opinions on how it sounds when it's fitted...

cheers

Deek.

I think you`ll be very happy once the pickup is installed. I have one of Martins Precision pickups in my backup Squier Precision and it`s a great pickup, reacts really well to the dynamics of playing, and also works very well with eq changes, never sounds muddy but delivers the classic Precision sound.

• 2 years later...